[REMOVE ADS]

He's Done It Again! This Time "Baby Love"

This guy should be the official remixer of Supremes songs. He has not made a miss yet! Baby Love/The Supremes - fuTuRo re-fResh :

Last edited by marv2; 12-01-2018 at 03:56 AM.

Wow, this is excellent. I agree marv2 he should be the official remixer! The video is excellent too!

How cool was that! Love all the mid-century décor!

What a way to begin my day! Totally brought me back to 1964. Thanks for posting his work, Marv.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    How cool was that! Love all the mid-century décor!
    The televisions are what got me. We had at least two of those models and I am certain that we saw the Supremes [[in black and white) watching one.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    What a way to begin my day! Totally brought me back to 1964. Thanks for posting his work, Marv.
    You're most welcome Lucky2012. I am encouraging him to do more. A very nice guy.

There are always a lot of things to look for in his videos. Here are few things I noticed this time out:

The show the exit on I-75 North that would have been nearest to where the Brewster Projects were just north of Downtown Detroit.

He modifies Diana's voice [[maybe using a combination of recordings of "Baby Love"

The sax break was totally unexpected but fit in very well with this

Mary and Florence are "turned up" and are clear as bells in this.

Does the remixer have access to the original master tapes to undertake his excellent work?

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Does the remixer have access to the original master tapes to undertake his excellent work?
    I am not sure. I am going to ask him. These videos are so well done, I would put them on a DVD and play at a party or gathering along with other music. I'll see what I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am not sure. I am going to ask him. These videos are so well done, I would put them on a DVD and play at a party or gathering along with other music. I'll see what I can find out.
    marv2, when speaking with him please suggest he works on some Diana and Marvin songs.

marv2, when speaking with him please suggest he works on some Diana and Marvin songs.
    Ok Thanks.

rovereab, he said :

"No sadly I don’t have the masters but on this and some of the others I do have a separate lead vocal track and a backing track due to Motown, somewhat strangely, releasing a karaoke album years ago where they provided both."

He is going to look into it. The song he mentioned doing is "You Are Everything" from that album.

If anyone wants to ask this nice man about any of his remixes he answers everybodys question on YouTube. You just go to the comments section and write a question and he gets back to you real quick. Heres a link to his YouTube channell.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFLyWq3j80ba3-Ul3Nytl-Q

He is going to look into it. The song he mentioned doing is "You Are Everything" from that album.
    That's great news marv2 as I believe I hear an edit on the released version at track time 2:18 so I am hoping he will include the section that was removed.

That's great news marv2 as I believe I hear an edit on the released version at track time 2:18 so I am hoping he will include the section that was removed.
    Well he does have over 30 years of experience, so let's wait and see.

He does a really good job on these.
    I can assure you there is no edit in Baby Love but the hit version fades at about 2:34 [[I believe the mix on The #1's ran about 10 seconds longer and unfaded the song runs just a little over 3:00. Diana, Mary and Florence are all singing on the same track making it nearly impossible to manipulate or separate the lead and bg's. They were together on all the early songs with Back In My Arms Again being the first single with lead on one track and backgrounds on another. It's been mentioned before that Mary and Flo did 2 sets of backgrounds. The stereo and mono mixes used different bg's. You can clearly hear both sets if you listen to The #1's mix with headphones.

George, the edit I referred to above is on You Are Everything, not Baby Love. Are you aware of that edit at all?

Sorry, I misunderstood. Now, I hear what you're hearing on You Are Everything. I don't know about this one. If it is an edit, they did the same on the Japanese quad version but didn't edit Pledging My Love in Japan and did a different edit on I'm Falling In Love With You. They did the correct edit on You're A Special Part Of Me but didn't mute Diana and Marvin at 2:27 like the US release. Now I'm curious!
    Didn't mean to hijack the thread from the original topic...
    Last edited by George Solomon; 12-03-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood. Now, I hear what you're hearing on You Are Everything. I don't know about this one. If it is an edit, they did the same on the Japanese quad version but didn't edit Pledging My Love in Japan and did a different edit on I'm Falling In Love With You. They did the correct edit on You're A Special Part Of Me but didn't mute Diana and Marvin at 2:27 like the US release. Now I'm curious!
    Didn't mean to hijack the thread from the original topic...
    We need a definitive Diana and Marvin 2 disc expanded edition George - But can we have Ross78 first please?

Hi everybody, my name is Steve Lima and i’m the guy who does the fuTuRo remixes and this one in particular. I’m guessing Marv is Detroit Lives on YouTube, who always posts great comments on my mixes. Just wanted to say thanks for all of the positive comments I’ve had on these forums and to wish everybody peace and happiness
    Last edited by fuTuRo; 12-04-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Hello Steve, your remixes and videos are superb. Thanks for your hard work!

Given the degree of remixing and refresh you undertake, do you work from the original masters?

I look forward to more of your great work and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Remixing New Year

Eamonn

Quote Originally Posted by fuTuRo View Post
    Hi everybody, my name is Steve Lima and i’m the guy who does the fuTuRo remixes and this one in particular. I’m guessing Marv is Detroit Lives on YouTube, who always posts great comments on my mixes. Just wanted to say thanks for all of the positive comments I’ve had on these forums and to wish everybody peace and happiness
    Hey Steve, welcome to Soulful Detroit Forum!

Hi Steve,
    I've enjoyed every one of your remixes Marv has shared with us. I especially loved the videos of Come See About Me, Baby Love and Love Child. Can't wait to see more!
    Happy Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    Hi Steve,
    I've enjoyed every one of your remixes Marv has shared with us. I especially loved the videos of Come See About Me, Baby Love and Love Child. Can't wait to see more!
    Happy Holidays.
    The one for "Come See About Me" was it! I was like "I'm Dead"......... hehehehehehehe!

He knocked it so far out of the park with that one they had to send out a search and rescue team. LOL!

Hi
    Hello Steve, your remixes and videos are superb. Thanks for your hard work!

Given the degree of remixing and refresh you undertake, do you work from the original masters?

I look forward to more of your great work and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Remixing New Year

Eamonn
    Hi Eamonn,

sorry for for the late reply... I’ve been working hard on a project and finally have a little time.

No I wish I did have access to the original masters which are now owned by Universal . On some tracks I have separated Lead vocal and mixed down backing tracks due to the rather bizarre Karaoke album Motown released a few years ago, but generally I have to work from the original mix. This, of course, is very difficult and frustrating but I’ve developed a technique over the years of playing new parts over the originals to fatten up the original recording and to try to make them sound contemporary without losing that wonderful Motown essence and feel of the original playing.

A very Merry Christmas to you as well and yes, I do have some new refreshed mixes in the pipeline including Where Did Our Love Go and Marvins “Grapevine” for which I actually have a copy of the original Multitrack master!

Steve

Thanks a lot Lucky and a very Merry Xmas to you too! There are more on the way ...

Quote Originally Posted by fuTuRo View Post
    Thanks a lot Lucky and a very Merry Xmas to you too! There are more on the way ...

Merry Christmas Steve. All the best! Marv

Merry Christmas Steve. All the best! Marv
    Thanks Marv and same back to you and yours. Christmas is very quiet for me now my two sons have grown up and that childlike magic of it has long gone. I’ll probably just be working in my studio as usual!