[REMOVE ADS]

My World is Empty Without You - fuTuRo re-fResh

Hi everybody, without hijacking this great forum to shamelessly plug my remixes, I thought that I would bring your attention to this remix I did a while back for those of you who don’t visit my fuTuRo Media YouTube site. It has now had well over a million plays and is probably my favourite Holland/Dozier/Holland song.

Seasons greetings to all all from a wintry but sunny Portugal

Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z14q...wQjGs-R4AaABAg

Love it! re Fresh, indeed. A great listen, and thanks for keeping Diana's voice front-and-center.

Quote Originally Posted by fuTuRo View Post
    Hi everybody, without hijacking this great forum to shamelessly plug my remixes, I thought that I would bring your attention to this remix I did a while back for those of you who don’t visit my fuTuRo Media YouTube site. It has now had well over a million plays and is probably my favourite Holland/Dozier/Holland song.

Seasons greetings to all all from a wintry but sunny Portugal

Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z14q...wQjGs-R4AaABAg
    This was the remix that really got me into your work! Love the additional handclaps, but my favorite aspect is the turn up in volume of the backing vocals. This is now my favorite recorded version of the song. It beats out the original recorded version in my opinion. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This was the remix that really got me into your work! Love the additional handclaps, but my favorite aspect is the turn up in volume of the backing vocals. This is now my favorite recorded version of the song. It beats out the original recorded version in my opinion. Thank you!
    Hey Marv, thanks so much man! I wasn’t sure if the good folk who frequent here knew of this hence the posting.
    i always try to bring up the BV’s in the mix though as I don’t have the separate tracks it’s difficult. Through judicious use of EQ i find I can make them stand out a little more though it’s not always possible . Adding the new parts helps the track sound more contemporary and as if it was recorded yesterday. It’s such a great song and performance by all concerned!

I love it! This gem was always my favorite Supremes single from the classic original lineup. Very respectful to the original. Well done to you. A splendid effort.

Quote Originally Posted by fuTuRo View Post
    Hey Marv, thanks so much man! I wasn’t sure if the good folk who frequent here knew of this hence the posting.
    i always try to bring up the BV’s in the mix though as I don’t have the separate tracks it’s difficult. Through judicious use of EQ i find I can make them stand out a little more though it’s not always possible . Adding the new parts helps the track sound more contemporary and as if it was recorded yesterday. It’s such a great song and performance by all concerned!
    Oh you do a great job. They definitely sound FRESH [[pun intended LOL!)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Love it! re Fresh, indeed. A great listen, and thanks for keeping Diana's voice front-and-center.
    Tx a lot! I always try to remove as much as of the original reverb as possible from the vocal as it helps to make it make it more intimate and contemporary.

LOVE IT.... just love it. thanks so much ,made my boring morning. im in a good mood now. I have one other request.
    Midnight Love Affair. tony Orlando and dawn .needs a remix badly,

Just tried to access this song from England and receive this error message:

Video unavailable
    This video contains content from Eagle Rock, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Does anyone else in England have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Just tried to access this song from England and receive this error message:

Video unavailable
    This video contains content from Eagle Rock, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Does anyone else in England have the same problem?
    unfortuately it can’t be viewed outside of USA and Canada due to copyright on some of the video content. I may put an audio only version on my YT channel to circumvent this.

Thanks Steve.