[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Miracles Greatest Hits CD released on Masters 1235 label

I was going through some of my CDs and discovered I had an oddball CD called The Miralces Greatest Hits. It was issued on 2000 on the International Record & Cassette label with the item number as Masters 1235. This is an odd CD as there is no picture of the group on it and the insert sheet is generic. I googled the company and then went to discogs and discovered that they have a total of 23 releases on this label but NOTHING on this specific CD. It is odd that Motown would release something like this on an unknown label. There are a total of 23 CDs identified on discogs but no other Motown songs.

The ten songs listed are Love Machine, I Second That Emotion, Ooo Baby Baby. More Love, The Tracks of My Tears, Shop Around, You've Really Got a Hold On Me, Mickey's Monkey, Going to A-Go-Go, and The Tears of a Clown.

Anyone know anything about this odd label and how they latched onto these songs to release?

Have you actually played the CD? In later years, re-recordings by a Miracles group received several releases [[particularly prevalent is an album of Christmas songs). In these cases, the recordings are nothing to do with Motown. Could your CD be simply later re-recordings?

I finally was able to listen to the CD. It is a "fake" Miracles group. I must admit that they did a decent performance on all of the songs, but it was not SR&TM. There was absolutely no mention of Motown on the case insert or on the actual CD. I've had it for so long I do not recall where I got it. Heaven only knows.