[REMOVE ADS]

Ode To The Supremes

Sounds better than I thought it would, probably because of Bobby. Would've been better with the actual Supremes singing backup.

We almost used this as the last track of the 25th Anniversary collection all those years ago.

Do we know who "these" Supremes are?

The Blackberries? The Vincent Sisters and Telma? Definitely not Andantes.

As Bobby Taylor brought the Delicates to Motown, I suspect it's Billie Rae Calvin, Brenda Joyce and possibly a 3rd member before the break-up of the group.

Does anyone find it odd they named "Ask Any Girl" and "Whisper You Love Me Boy" in the song? I would have thought they would have named "Reflections" since it was their latest hit at the time this was recorded. They could have fit in "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone" too.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    As Bobby Taylor brought the Delicates to Motown, I suspect it's Billie Rae Calvin, Brenda Joyce and possibly a 3rd member before the break-up of the group.
    Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard discovered Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers. Mary told Mr Gordy about them leading to them coming to Motown!

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Does anyone find it odd they named "Ask Any Girl" and "Whisper You Love Me Boy" in the song? I would have thought they would have named "Reflections" since it was their latest hit at the time this was recorded. They could have fit in "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone" too.
    I have to listen to it again ,but maybe the words just flowed better or perhaps those are songs that Bobby Taylor liked by the Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Just a thought: "Ask Any Girl" and "Whisper You Love Me Boy" are both included in the double blue GH's. As is "The Happening" which makes its lp debut. As its release is basically in the right time frame of when the song would have been written, I'm guessing the song titles were plucked right from this album.

This is from Motown Unreleased 1968 along with some other very interesting songs