[REMOVE ADS]

Diana's Central Park Concerts to get Global Theatrical Release

Fathom Events Launches Diamond Diana Celebration for the Legendary Diana Ross' 75th Birthday With a Special Event in Cinemas Worldwide

The Event Features a Remastered Version of Diana Ross: Live in Central Park

DENVER, Dec. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The magic of Diana Ross has touched millions of hearts around the world. Her magnificent life and unparalleled career have influenced music, film, fashion and stage with her spirit forever woven in the fabric of humanity. 2019 will be remembered as a milestone in history with a year-long Diamond Diana Celebration, marking the 75th birthday of one of the greatest entertainers of all time.

Fathom Events will launch the festivities on her birthday, March 26, with an exclusive two-day, global theatrical release of Diana Ross: Her Life, Love and Legacy featuring Diana Ross: Live in Central Park. The iconic concert event documented in July 1983 will screen across North America, South America, Europe and Australia [[additional dates vary by territory).
    The Fathom event is executive produced by Ms. Ross and produced by music and media producer Spencer Proffer of Meteor 17. Diana Ross: Live in Central Park was originally directed by the award-winning Steve Binder. This new presentation will feature never-before-seen footage with inspired, heartfelt messages from the Ross family, including sons Ross and Evan and daughters Rhonda and Chudney, with Tracee Ellis Ross delivering a passionate introduction to the presentation capturing the magnitude of the event.

"I am so appreciative of Fathom Events for presenting this screening," said Ms. Ross. "It is one of the most significant and moving and memorable moments of my career. It makes me want to DO IT AGAIN!"

Diana Ross: Live in Central Park was filmed over the course of two enchanting days when nearly 1.2 million people united on the Great Lawn of Central Park to experience a once-a-in-a-lifetime live moment that define a generation. The concert seen around the world showcased the trailblazing entertainer on stage in front of a massive audience of young and old, bringing together all ethnicities and nationalities to experience the voice and heart of Diana Ross.
    "Hundreds of thousands of fans gathered in New York City during the summer of 1983, becoming a part of music history," said Fathom Events CEO Ray Nutt. "Now a new generation of fans will have the opportunity to witness one of the world's largest outdoor concerts from their local cinema and relive that momentous time."

More details, including screening times, locations and ticketing, will be announced in early 2019.

Prior to the theatrical event, Ms. Ross will perform to an audience of millions on the NBC New Year's Eve 2019 TV Special, December 31.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300764383.html

This is so awesome. Central Park on the big screen!!

Sounds like 2019 will be a great Diana year!

What fun! Fathom picks interesting screenings and this is yet another. Having attended both Central Park concerts it will sure be a wonderful experience to see them again on the big screen. Thanks for finding!

now there's an official theatrical trailer..https://www.fathomevents.com/events/diana-ross

Sounds like she's going to doing lots of work this year - before she gets too old.

I am so excited. I got my tickets for March 26. Seeing Diana on the big screen is going to be so fabulous. Can't wait...