[REMOVE ADS]

Mary’s new book: Supreme Glamour

12/10/2018:Name:  5DE18CBE-72A2-483B-A232-4B0242493435.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  9.2 KB SUPREME GLAMOUR, Mary Wilson's long-awaited coffee-table book about The Supremes' gowns [[co-authored by Mark Bego) is available for pre-order on Amazon. There is a bit of a wait [[approximately 9 months) for the official release, but you can pre-order at this link!

Amazon Pre-order: https://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Glamo...upreme+glamour

interested to see what all she's done with the topic. sounds like the gowns are just a [[large) part of it and the book will be focusing on a slightly broader topic of the sup's overall style and impact. in the gown tour she tries to tie in the Sup's image and career with the broader civil rights movement. i think that's a smart idea. from a music perspective, the girls have often [[and wrongly) been somewhat dismissed because they didn't write and/or produce their own material. But the fact that they were some of the first positive images of black women in mainstream media, is wrongly overlooked. hope this book will help with that

Great news. Never seen this pic. Have others?

Brad, where are you? hehehehehehehe! Great news! Go Mary!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Great news. Never seen this pic. Have others?
    Hey, hey, hey... someone hasn't looked at the back page of their Supremes Sing HDH expanded edition booklet!

Wouldn't it be great if Mary released some NEW music along with the new book!!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if Mary released some NEW music along with the new book!!
    That would be excellent!

OMG George. Forgive me

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That would be excellent!
    Her Holland Brothers CD is now 25 yeArs old. Maybe it will come out with next years book. LMAO

Also on Amazon UK for £29.95 pre-order 30 May 2019:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supreme-Gla...upreme+glamour

Six months is a long time.

About time she made a book like this. More attention on the Supremes' role not only in music but in the civil rights movement in their own way, breaking down doors and barriers that have been closed off for black entertainers and contemporary performers.

You can save $5.00 now if you order from amazon.com by using promo GIFTBOOK18
    but this only last till midnight Dec 21st. if you're willing to wait 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    About time she made a book like this. More attention on the Supremes' role not only in music but in the civil rights movement in their own way, breaking down doors and barriers that have been closed off for black entertainers and contemporary performers.
    I agree. And good for Mary. She certainly does her part to make sure the Supremes legacy isn't easily forgotten. I love her for it. Unfortunately I'll have to wait an even longer time to get it, when I can find it secondhand as I refuse to give her co-author a penny of my money. Same reason why I didn't buy Mary's cookbook, although I need to make a note to pick it up second hand. But I love to see the Supremes still out there hustling like the Primettes. I wonder what other future business ventures Mary has up her sleeve? [[Hopefully without Bego's cooperation.)

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I agree. And good for Mary. She certainly does her part to make sure the Supremes legacy isn't easily forgotten. I love her for it. Unfortunately I'll have to wait an even longer time to get it, when I can find it secondhand as I refuse to give her co-author a penny of my money. Same reason why I didn't buy Mary's cookbook, although I need to make a note to pick it up second hand. But I love to see the Supremes still out there hustling like the Primettes. I wonder what other future business ventures Mary has up her sleeve? [[Hopefully without Bego's cooperation.)
    What's the matter with Bego - other than he contributes to celebrity trash writing and is a bit of a clinger to anyone that will allow it? At least he has a job.

Andy is friendly enough with him so he can't be that bad?

I tried to find Mary's cookbook on Amazon but no listing. Do you know when it was published? Thanks.

His book on Aretha looks quite good.

http://markbego.com/

Isn't he and Mary close friends? Saw a pic of them together at the Kentucky Derby and a number of other affairs.

Now, that's a Supreme's hat!
    Last edited by lakeside; 12-12-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    http://markbego.com/

Isn't he and Mary close friends? Saw a pic of them together at the Kentucky Derby and a number of other affairs.

Now, that's a Supreme's hat!
    Wow! Great pic Lakeside.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Wow! Great pic Lakeside.
    I think Mary could have stopped the Kentucky Derby....a real 'wow factor', indeed!

Gee Wilbur.... damn that is a fine looking woman!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Gee Wilbur.... damn that is a fine looking woman!
    No arguments here. She's had that problem all of her life. LOL!!!!

Mary helped Mark Bego on his Eat Like A Rock Star cookbook:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eat-Like-Ro.../dp/1510721150

Apparently Michael McDonald likes pasta with ham and cheese, MY MAN

There are quite a few photos of him and Mary on his twitter page: https://mobile.twitter.com/markbego?lang=en