[REMOVE ADS]

Darlene Friday on the View

Christmas Baby...

"...Please Come Home". Nice to see the great Darlene Love ushering in the holiday season as only she can. Thanks for the news Luke!

You’re welcome ME! She s ageless as is her talent!

Darlene killed it as usual tho Bryan Adams joined her and was good tho I love just watching her. She’s amazing. She should give lessons to aging singers who need it

If Darlene Love returns to sing the song next year on "The View", I hope they drop the duet idea. Just let Darlene do her thing.

One from her that dates back to 1977 ... a US 7" + UK 7" & 12" release ... this one was a popular item back in the 70's and has recently been reactivated by a couple of UK DJ's ...

Thanks, Luke! Darlene's performance on The View was news to me. But, man, she's still got it! Bryan Adam's was surprisingly good as well, but that song is meant for Darlene solo. The baritone sax player still nails his solo note-for-note. Those triplet notes have gotta be hell on his tongue. I don't know how he still does it!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    One from her that dates back to 1977 ... a US 7" + UK 7" & 12" release ... this one was a popular item back in the 70's and has recently been reactivated by a couple of UK DJ's ...
    Jsmith, have you ever heard the version of Darlene's "Lord If You're A Woman" with back-up singers and strings? It's my favorite of the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4FMqqSHaNo

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Thanks, Luke! Darlene's performance on The View was news to me. But, man, she's still got it! Bryan Adam's was surprisingly good as well, but that song is meant for Darlene solo. The baritone sax player still nails his solo note-for-note. Those triplet notes have gotta be hell on his tongue. I don't know how he still does it!
    Yes, Darlene has still got it. Looks and sounds wonderful. However I agree the song is not a duet.

And nothing will compare to the sight of her atop that grand piano on Letterman's final Christmas show -- so beautiful and majestic. I get goosebumps every time I watch it.

https://youtu.be/tsU08y9peZg

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Yes, Darlene has still got it. Looks and sounds wonderful. However I agree the song is not a duet.

And nothing will compare to the sight of her atop that grand piano on Letterman's final Christmas show -- so beautiful and majestic. I get goosebumps every time I watch it.

https://youtu.be/tsU08y9peZg
    Thanks for the memory, Guy. Goosebumps -- you and me both! Phil Spector's Wall Of Sound is next to impossible to duplicate in a live-performance setting, yet Paul Shaffer somehow managed to capture the powerful Philles sound year after year on that Letterman stage. That massive orchestra with all its strings, sleighbells, chimes, and tenor/baritone saxes shined loud, as did Darlene and the amazing back-up singers. If you close your eyes while listening, you'd swear you were in the middle of Gold Star studio, 1963.