[REMOVE ADS]

Fourtopsbiggestfan, you may like this one.

Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 12-09-2018 at 01:14 AM.

Hey WaitingWatching, the video won't play for me unfortunately, but I wanted to say that that cover looks great! Is it one you made yourself?

It will not play for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hey WaitingWatching, the video won't play for me unfortunately, but I wanted to say that that cover looks great! Is it one you made yourself?
    It's the weirdest thing. I think it may be blocked not only depending on where you live, but also depending on which site it's on. It won't play through Pinterest either it seems... There was a guy in Germany years ago, I would send them direct as an email attachment because a lot of videos were blocked where he lived. Who can figure this stuff...

And thank you, yes, I did the cover as a way to tie everything together...

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It will not play for me either.
    I wonder if YouTube is blocking it because of some of the songs having super, airtight copyright laws.

Maybe this will work: https://vimeo.com/305281141

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/305281141" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/305281141">Four Tops- Your Love Is Wonderful Motown BIG 12 PLAYLIST</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user92612817">Tomovox</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 12-09-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    I can kind of see through the screen saying video won't play. Is there a way you can screen shot the great looking cover? Thank you for this. You certainly know my taste 💜💛💚💙

Wow!! A 'lost' 4 Tops album. The cover is so authentic and the song choices are great. I would buy that if it was available. It's actually better than the 'Yesterday's Dreams' album.

Brilliant job....and the inclusion of "Lost for words" is inspired.

I agree that this album would have been superior to Yesterday's Dreams. However, I'd miss the good "original" songs on that album. I really dislike the MOR song covers though.

Great effort!

I really love seeing LOST album movk ups. Hope to see this one and more 💙💚👍

I'm hoping for some Four Tops on MU 68....especially if any of them are written/produced by Smokey, who worked on them post HDH. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    I'm hoping for some Four Tops on MU 68....especially if any of them are written/produced by Smokey, who worked on them post HDH. I guess we'll know soon enough.
    Can't wait for the track list. Pins and needles.

Vimeo worked for me, YouTube did not.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I agree that this album would have been superior to Yesterday's Dreams. However, I'd miss the good "original" songs on that album. I really dislike the MOR song covers though.

Great effort!
    Well, I'm glad some of you can hear and see it! I didn't really want to do something to "replace" the "Yesterday's Dreams" album as much as showcase just how much really good music got left in the can unfortunately. I now understand much better Motown's marketing strategy to include the covers and MOR material- it did broaden the group's audience. It's just too bad so many great originals ended up shot down as collateral damage.

I sort of wanted to avoid the this-is-the-album-I-would-have-released thing, so I slyly labeled it as a "PLAYLIST", lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Vimeo worked for me, YouTube did not.
    OK, that's what I was wondering, Vimeo would block it in some areas or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    Can't wait for the track list. Pins and needles.
    Hi, "Biggest Fan"! I take it the Vimeo link wouldn't play for you either? If anything, I can always just send it to you direct, lol! I remembered something you mentioned once before, so I had loaded just about every picture I had in a way to let you linger over them before they changed. This is the picture for the video...Name:  four tops your love is wonderful fgh rubens cover track listing C .jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  81.2 KB

Brilliant job....and the inclusion of "Lost for words" is inspired.
    Every single time- EVERY SINGLE TIME I hear "Lost For Words" I swear, the thing that pops into my head is what drug was infiltrating Detroit's water supply to so severely warp QC's ears when this was recorded?

Absolutely mind-boggling how beautiful this song is. That's one of the things I so fully admire and love about Motown; those people were so on top of their game in every way, so many great songs coming up on an hourly basis that Motown was like a billionaire that could just leave money laying on the floor and not even think about it.

Wouldn't it be great to find out on the MU 68 package there are still things to discover on the Tops? Only lately have I been taking the time to really listen to that Lost And Found collection on the Four Tops. Takes my breath away to hear the wealth of staggeringly incredible songs producers came up with. Usually, my interest in post '67 Motown starts waning a bit, but even here, there were some startlingly brilliant tracks that those second-line producers brought to the Tops. I really love Smokey's "No Time."

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Wow!! A 'lost' 4 Tops album. The cover is so authentic and the song choices are great. I would buy that if it was available. It's actually better than the 'Yesterday's Dreams' album.
    [[grinning from ear-to-ear!) Thank's lakedistrictlad! I love graphic arts, I love typography, I love Motown, I love the Four Tops. Put 'em together and whammo!

Honestly, I guess we all have these Motown "lost" albums kicking around in our heads, and why not? Plus, I was thinking of how seriously I was overlooking a ton of stuff we've gotten on these amazing collections lately. Bundle up 12 and maybe other casual fans will hear these songs and discover there is more to Motown than they realized.

I had the "Yesterday's Dreams" album for years without ever really playing it. Now, it has grown on my. I didn't really think this would be my idea of an alternate "Yesterday's Dreams" album. Still, I always wonder what album would have come out had HDH remained. I had NO IDEA the Tops recorded "Lonely Lover" and how good it is. Of course the really weird non-inclusion of "Your Love Is Wonderful" on any album always makes one scratch his or her head. Lot's of good stuff in those vaults.