[REMOVE ADS]

Berry Gordy and the Supremes on early television

I was discussing early television with my SO. I mentioned seeing Berry Gordy on a very early "To Tell the Truth" panel show. A quick search of Youtube and BINGO, there it was. Enjoy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXiKgFZHYY

this has always been a great one. Flo looks genuinely happy here. all three girls just look like their so excited and thrilled.

Here's another goodie from "What's My Line."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6KbxXKs1_I

Thank you Ralph. Merry Christmas!

And this was their second appearance on "What's My Line?". It was broadcast in March of 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    And this was their second appearance on "What's My Line?". It was broadcast in March of 1967.

I loved these appearances of the Supremes on What's My Line. It is my 'go to' classic television show which I watch quite frequently through YouTube. Fans of the Supremes who do not frequently watch the show are unaware that WML NEVER provided extra chairs when there were multiple guests. I've seen couples uncomfortably squeeze together in that one chair and even a few times have seen three 'try' to squeeze in that one chair. It was because of the camera/audio setup and was not a conspiracy to discredit any particular member of a multi-numbered group.

Jobucats, I watched the show way back when it was actually broadcast and have watched the entire series from first to last on the internet. I, too, was amazed at the many comments on YouTube about Flo and Mary having to stand thinking that they were being disrespected. There is never more than one chair provided for the guest. A few times they will squeeze two people into one chair as they did for Lucy and Desi and Dean and Jerry.

If there is a group on, one sits and the others are behind. The Andrews Sisters had Patti sitting and the Mc Guire Sisters had Phyllis sitting. No disrespect to anyone.

And Flo and Mary got to answer the panelists questions. Although I could have done without Diana pointing to which girl should answer. That could have been arranged before the show.

But their appearances on these two What's My Line and To Tell The Truth are treasures