[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Red face New music from The Undisputed Truth

    Released in September ... Joe's voice sounds as great as ever. I hope a full length album is on the horizon!


  2. #2
    Great find; thanks!

  3. #3
    I MEAN, YASS!!!! I won't lie, I didn't expect to hear any NEW music from The Truth, and I didn't expect it to be proper "Smiling Faces"-style Undisputed Truth brilliance!!!! How fantastic. Go Joe and his ladies!

    Anyway, thanks john! I would love a full album release too.

  4. #4
    By the way, I can't believe I missed this release, how did you find it john?

  5. #5
    There is a new album coming entitled 'TRUTH'.

    The single release was written by Norman Whitfield and amongst others features Dennis Coffey!

    From the official website: https://www.therealundisputedtruth.com

    The website is very professional, and packed with bio and photos both new and old.



    The Undisputed Truth returns with new members and new music!

    The Motown group that brought you the hit song from the 70s - Smiling Faces Sometimes returns after nearly 50 years with new members and a daring new single entitled - You Can't Run from their upcoming Album - Truth. Written by the late Norman Whitfield, You Can’t Run is a slick R&B groove infused with clever additions of rock, funk and jazz. The song takes listeners on a suspenseful musical journey from start to finish and features some of Detroit's finest musicians including Motown Guitarist - Dennis Coffey; Bassist - Ralphe Armstrong; Drummer - Gayelynn McKinney; and many others. Original singer - Joe 'Pep" Harris delivers powerful lead vocals that are truly timeless while the soulful vocals of BJ Evans (also an original member), Dazee Love, and Jaki G solidify this socially-conscious message. You Can't Run will leave listeners on the edge of their seats as clever musical arrangements continually unfold. YCR is irresistible, relevant, and incredibly entertaining with a timely message for young and old.

    CREDITS
    Writer: Norman Whitfield
    Producer: Joe Pep Harris
    Co-Producer: Michael Nash
    Co-Producer/Sound Engineer: Rufus Harris
    Lead vocals: Joe Pep Harris
    Additional vocals: BJ Evans, Dazee Love, and Jaki G

    Instrumentation:
    Baritone saxophone - Alex Harding; Trombone - Vincent Chandler; Tenor Saxophone - Marcus Elliot; Trumpet - John Douglas; Drums - Gayelynn McKinney, Leonard King; Bass - Ralphe Armstrong; Guitar - Dennis Coffey and Torence Carey; Piano - Michael Nash and Michael Mindingall; Harmonica - T. Pablo; Spoons - Bishua Israel.

    Photo: Monica Morgan.
    Cover Design: Denise Strong-Harris, Dazee Love, Rufus Harris
    Background Paisley Design Credit: ID 108474689 © Brighton | Dreamstime.com


    Dennis, any comments or info on this great project would be very welcome. Real instruments, guitars, brass, drums etc, how welcome that is!

    Also note that Dazee Love, one of the group, is the niece of CP Spencer and Leon Ware, how about that....

    Mike
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 12-06-2018 at 12:49 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    By the way, I can't believe I missed this release, how did you find it john?
    It came up as a suggestion on my YouTube account. Strange, huh?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    There is a new album coming entitled 'TRUTH'.

    AWESOME! Great website too!

  8. #8
    I did not know about this release either and I saw Joe Pep not long before this at the Motown in Black and White exhibit in Detroit. Interesting also is that Taka Boom, along with her sister Chaka Khan and their brother had a recent release and video that was excellent.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I did not know about this release either and I saw Joe Pep not long before this at the Motown in Black and White exhibit in Detroit. Interesting also is that Taka Boom, along with her sister Chaka Khan and their brother had a recent release and video that was excellent.
    Tell me more about this Stevens family release!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Tell me more about this Stevens family release!
    Here they are. They call themselves "FOMO". I remember about 25 years ago Arsenio Hall asking Chaka Khan why she , Taka etc did not perform as a family.......well.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    There is a new album coming entitled 'TRUTH'.

    The single release was written by Norman Whitfield and amongst others features Dennis Coffey!

    From the official website: https://www.therealundisputedtruth.com

    The website is very professional, and packed with bio and photos both new and old.



    The Undisputed Truth returns with new members and new music!

    The Motown group that brought you the hit song from the 70s - Smiling Faces Sometimes returns after nearly 50 years with new members and a daring new single entitled - You Can't Run from their upcoming Album - Truth. Written by the late Norman Whitfield, You Canít Run is a slick R&B groove infused with clever additions of rock, funk and jazz. The song takes listeners on a suspenseful musical journey from start to finish and features some of Detroit's finest musicians including Motown Guitarist - Dennis Coffey; Bassist - Ralphe Armstrong; Drummer - Gayelynn McKinney; and many others. Original singer - Joe 'Pep" Harris delivers powerful lead vocals that are truly timeless while the soulful vocals of BJ Evans (also an original member), Dazee Love, and Jaki G solidify this socially-conscious message. You Can't Run will leave listeners on the edge of their seats as clever musical arrangements continually unfold. YCR is irresistible, relevant, and incredibly entertaining with a timely message for young and old.

    CREDITS
    Writer: Norman Whitfield
    Producer: Joe Pep Harris
    Co-Producer: Michael Nash
    Co-Producer/Sound Engineer: Rufus Harris
    Lead vocals: Joe Pep Harris
    Additional vocals: BJ Evans, Dazee Love, and Jaki G

    Instrumentation:
    Baritone saxophone - Alex Harding; Trombone - Vincent Chandler; Tenor Saxophone - Marcus Elliot; Trumpet - John Douglas; Drums - Gayelynn McKinney, Leonard King; Bass - Ralphe Armstrong; Guitar - Dennis Coffey and Torence Carey; Piano - Michael Nash and Michael Mindingall; Harmonica - T. Pablo; Spoons - Bishua Israel.

    Photo: Monica Morgan.
    Cover Design: Denise Strong-Harris, Dazee Love, Rufus Harris
    Background Paisley Design Credit: ID 108474689 © Brighton | Dreamstime.com


    Dennis, any comments or info on this great project would be very welcome. Real instruments, guitars, brass, drums etc, how welcome that is!

    Also note that Dazee Love, one of the group, is the niece of CP Spencer and Leon Ware, how about that....

    Mike
    Thanks Mike!!! That website is great!

    So Norman Whitfield WROTE this song! And Dennis Coffey played on it!! Also, I had no idea Brenda Joyce Evans was part of this reformed Undisputed Truth, that is entirely awesome. And to top it all off there IS a whole new album coming. I swear this just keeps getting better and better.

  12. #12
    Damn i wasn't expecting this!! I thought it was gonna be remasters of higher than high and cosmic truth.... but yes I agree, Joe Harris is in top vocal form.. bring it on !!!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here they are. They call themselves "FOMO". I remember about 25 years ago Arsenio Hall asking Chaka Khan why she , Taka etc did not perform as a family.......well.

    Yassss!!! How did I miss this?!?? Thanks, marv2!!!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yassss!!! How did I miss this?!?? Thanks, marv2!!!
    You're most welcome Sansradio.
    I'm still kicking myself because I had not heard anything about it when it was first released. This is the kind of thing that keeps happening to our classic artists. How can they sell their product if it is not marketed correctly.

  15. #15
    Marv, to your point, the Youtube posting of You Can't Run has only been visited 88 times to date. And it has been on Youtube for more than two months!. Given the following Joe and the group have, it is astonishing how little support this is receiving. Furthermore, You Can't Run is a superb track and has all the Undisputed Truth hallmarks and deserves much greater exposure and support.

    Mike

  16. #16
    Good to see Undisputed Truth resurface, with 2 original members to boot! The production also harkens back to Norman Whitfield; Norman would be proud!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Marv, to your point, the Youtube posting of You Can't Run has only been visited 88 times to date. And it has been on Youtube for more than two months!. Given the following Joe and the group have, it is astonishing how little support this is receiving. Furthermore, You Can't Run is a superb track and has all the Undisputed Truth hallmarks and deserves much greater exposure and support.

    Mike
    Mike it can be quite frustrating because we know that so many fans of GOOD music are missing out because they do not know many classic artists have new recordings. I am "old school" but a bit more aware than some others. We have no radio outlets for this music, there are no more record stores to speak of and a lot of people over a certain age do not know were to hear or learn about releases such as this one. It is indeed frustrating.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.