[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Back To Las Vegas in February - New Show?

From the Las Vegas Sun:
    The great
    Diana Ross has scheduled more concerts at Encore Theater in 2019 but she’s revamping her show. In celebration of her 75th birthday in March, the all-new production will be dubbed “Diamond Diana” for her fourth engagement at the intimate Wynn Las Vegas venue with shows scheduled for February 6, 8, 9, 13, 16, 17, 20, 22 and 23. Tickets go on sale Friday, November 30.

I saw an article yesterday saying Bruce Springsteen is appearing on Broadway and many other artists represented by the same group including Diana Ross are looking at similar appearances on Broadway

Doubtful it will be an entirely new show, as I remember when they were promoting one of her previous Vegas runs, they publicized it by mentioning, "All new staging by AEG", and in the end, it turned out to be the same as her touring show. However, she has been changing up the setlist lately, here and there...so perhaps we will see more of that.

Its pretty hard to drop TMITM, ANMHE, Mahogany, SITNOL, YCHL etc.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Lovely piece - thanks for finding.

I just got my tickets for the Las Vegas February performance. Wednesday, the 20th!!
    So looking forward to this. It's been a while since I saw her, 5 years maybe? I know I'm going to love whatever show she puts on. I'm so lucky to be able to do this.

I wonder if she has a new manager? She has so much positive exposure, and using words like "national treasure". I'm not sure who her manager is/was, it just seems so powerful, new CD, Macy's NBC tree lighting and NBC new years. I wonder is there might be a NBC Diana Ross special in the future?

new show, hmmm, interesting, with so many albums , it is hard to jam 50 years into 90 minutes. I would like her to add more later songs ...If Youre Not Gonna Love Me right, Carry On.
    I think she can retire I Will Survive. I hope to see her live again

I would retire I Will Survive too

I cannot stand any version of I Will Survive. To think it is her closing number is unbelievable.

I think she has reached a point in her life and career where she can end the show with Someday We'll Be Together, and sing it directly to the audience. It could be heard as we will see each other again in another concert, or in the afterlife. After all, she and none of us are 21 years old.

I never liked her closing with I Will Survive either. Anyhow, it is Gloria's song and not hers. The only time I enjoyed it in her concert is when she was in Newark and Gloria came on stage with her and they sang it together.

I also never really cared for Reach Out & Touch.

I would love her to sing SOMEDAY. She never does. I mentioned it in another thread.
    Another great song for to sing is BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE.

Last month, after a Q&A session at the end of her show, she then thanked the audience and sang THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE TO THEM. It was beautiful and emotional and a wonderful way for her to close her show. But then they added a minute more to closing for I WILL SURVIVE and she walked off of the stage to that. They could have eliminated SURVIVE and just end with BEST. It was beautiful and emotional.

Seems so weird to hear Diana Ross say she's turning 75. Lol She called the Christmas album new. That was disappointing. I really wish she would hurry and actually drop something new. Loved that she got emotional talking about how blessed she is. Another reason why she looks so good is because she doesn't have time for a lot of negative nonsense or the people who bring it. I love it.

I read An interview in recent years that Diana gave, where she kind of indicated that she likes her shows now to be kind of like a party. She wants them dancing out the doors. I guess this is why she doesn’t really sing many ballads live. I’ve also noticed that she tends to get really emotional And her eyes well up with tears. Could be because she’s in her golden years and is grateful for her life. With that said if she insists Ending her shows with a dance song she has so many that she could choose from. She could do a reprise of “ain’t no mountain” but as the #1 dance remix, or “carry on”, or “have fun again”. She has so many.
    Last edited by khansperac; 12-03-2018 at 01:10 PM.

I think the last song would have to be something generally known like I Will Survive or Ain't No Mountain High Enough; Have Fun Again and Carry On won't have that kind of bang. Perhaps Someday We'll Be Together would work but it's not really the kind of song you would party on out after.