[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

‘I'll Keep My Light In My Window’ - Smokey Robinson

Hi folks. Can anyone please help out with a MP3 of ‘I'll Keep My Light In My Window’ - Smokey Robinson from the 1994 CD ‘Motown Comes Home’? If so please message me.

Thanks

Got it now - thanks

Had no idea Smokey recorded this classic!!!! Would love to hear his version.

Check your message box.

MOTOWN COMES HOME
    31453-0400-2

Tracklist

1 –Ali Woodson*, Shanice, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Howard Hewett, Trey Harris [[3) And System 3 [[9) Come By Here [[Kum Ba Ya) 5:34
    2 –Shanice, Crystal Wilson & Penni Wilson Searching 5:19
    3 –Strate Vocalz Gotta Hold On 5:01
    4 –Boyz II Men Do They Know 3:27
    5 –Brent Jones And The T.P. Mob* Spirit Control Me 4:28
    6 –The Temptations Broken Pieces 5:51
    7 –Strate Vocalz His Name Is Jesus 5:19
    8 –Trey Harris [[3) Just When You Think It's Over 4:40
    9 –Smokey Robinson I'll Keep My Light In My Window 4:23
    10 –Johnny Gill I Know Where I Stand 5:41

I've been so used to the Marvin & Diana version that I'm not even gonna touch this lol

Wow, this takes me back! Billy Preston and I are the only two musicians on this song. Ollie Brown, who was the producer, brought Billy in to play acoustic piano, I did the drum programming and played everything else on the track. I, along with nine others, including Wanda and Jeanette from The Emotions, sang background vocals as well. Man, that was a great experience, we had fun!

I didn't realize how popular this particular song was until I "YouTubed" it and found many artists have recorded this including the Temptations and Shirley Caesar.

Not to mention Caston & Majors. The Temptations version was on "Truly For You".

I love the version by The Tempts and Diana & Marvin, and the original is also pretty good by Caston & Majors. But my favourite is probably by the New York Community Choir, who do a cracking disco version!!!!