[REMOVE ADS]

Rare Earth Releases on Culture Factory/LMLR

Glad to see that more Rare Earth albums are being released on CD. Band Together, Back To Earth and Midnight Lady are scheduled between end of November and end of January. I really enjoy these mini-lp styled CDs with the original label design and faux vinyl grooves. I purchased all the previously released early 70s albums. Hope Grand Slam and RareEarth get released as well.

Rare Earth and the Guess Who were my two top, favorite bands in the late 60s and early 70s!

Thanks for the heads-up. Pre-ordered.

I tried out once one of those Culture Factory, Stevie Wonder's "Uptight", unplayable / unreadable to my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    I tried out once one of those Culture Factory, Stevie Wonder's "Uptight", unplayable / unreadable to my computer.
    The format that these are recorded never worked on my 5 year old computer. Since I upgraded my PC earlier this year I have had no issues.

That happened to me recently with a DVD I bought from Chile. No returns and no refunds either.

If Midnight Lady is released on CD, I'll definitely get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Truth View Post
    If Midnight Lady is released on CD, I'll definitely get that.
    Hi Cosmic, I'm not sure if this is a proper, legit CD release but there is a comp of Midnight Lady and Band Together listed on discogs and also on Amazon.

https://www.discogs.com/Rare-Earth-M...lease/12061742

https://www.amazon.com/Rare-Earth-Mi.../dp/B072LVF6X2

I actually managed to download this CD comp online somewhere. Both albums are great, although they are quite different.

From Midnight Lady, I love "Midnight Lady", "Do It Right" and "It's A Natural". What about you Cosmic? Until recently I didn't realise the lead singer was Jerry LaCroix of Edgar Winter's White Trash!!! Pete Rivera must have taken a break from Rare Earth for a year or two, 'cause he comes back in 1977!!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 11-29-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Hey Tom. Long time no speak.

I haven't heard the band Together album. My favourite track by far, from Midnight Lady is Do It Right. I quite liked Finger Lickin' Good, and the rock track Wine Women and Song, but itl;s really Do It Right I want to have on CD.

If I bought the Midnight Lady CD, I would expect to be able to copy tracks from it onto my computers hard drive, so I could make up compilation CD's for the car etc. If I couldn't do that, I wouldn't buy it.

Culture Factory will be releasing Rare Earth's "Grand Slam" album in February. Hopefully, they release RareEarth [[1977) next.

I hope they eventually release Tight & Hot [[1982).

Yeah I’ve heard about that one john, it was never properly / fully released back in the day if I remember correctly.

I think it was only released in Canada. I've only heard one song from that album ... "King Of The Mountain"

Last edited by johnny_raven; 01-18-2019 at 04:01 AM.