[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson on MSNBC Ari Melber show TONIGHT 11/16/18 before 7 PM

I am watching The Beat with Ari Melber and he just announced now that Mary Wilson will be a guest at the end of tonight's show which ends at 7 PM EST.

If you don't get to see it tonight, MSNBC reruns Friday evening shows again Saturday evening. You will have to check the time for the rerun.

WATCH IT.

Thanks. I turned it on in time to see her. What was her purpose for being on that panel? The only thing I got out of it was that she wanted people to CALL HER MISS WILSON. She said young people call her Mary and she wants to be called Miss Wilson. Respectful children would call her Miss Mary, not Miss Wilson.

She had an earplug in her ear, but the other panelists probably had them too. She said hers was bothering her.

Her outfit and her hair were not her best look.

I could not understand her purpose of why she was on the panel, but in the end the interviewer gave a short plug for her Cafe Carlyle appearance next week and then I realized that she was there to plug the show.

The show is for panelists to give their opinions, not plugs so Mary did not get to talk about her show, which was sad, because from what I understand, it will be Mary Wilson singing ballads and standards, not Supremes oldies. The Cafe Carlyle is a wonderful venue and hopefully , she will get good revues as Mary Wilson. At least the interviewer gave her the short plug, but she was probably disapointed that she did not get to talk about her show

For those who missed the telecast, it will be rerun Saturday at midnight

It's funny because as much as she deserves to be called Ms Wilson, she has been on the 'call me Ms. Wilson' train ever since Diana appeared on Oprah in 2011, when she addressed the rumour about demanding to be called Ms. Ross and why she prefers it. Mary never brought this up until Diana was forced to publicly address it.

I take it we didn't miss much then?

Hmm...

Well that's one way to get people to come to your show. I think her being one of the original Supremes should pack it in, no? :/

Don't tell me she's still denying how special she is?

Mary is just fine with adults calling her Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Thanks. I turned it on in time to see her. What was her purpose for being on that panel? The only thing I got out of it was that she wanted people to CALL HER MISS WILSON. She said young people call her Mary and she wants to be called Miss Wilson. Respectful children would call her Miss Mary, not Miss Wilson.

She had an earplug in her ear, but the other panelists probably had them too. She said hers was bothering her.

I could not understand her purpose of why she was on the panel, but in the end the interviewer gave a short plug for her Cafe Carlyle appearance next week and then I realized that she was there to plug the show.

The show is for panelists to give their opinions, not plugs so Mary did not get to talk about her show, which was sad, because from what I understand, it will be Mary Wilson singing ballads and standards, not Supremes oldies. The Cafe Carlyle is a wonderful venue and hopefully , she will get good revues as Mary Wilson. At least the interviewer gave her the short plug, but she was probably disapointed that she did not get to talk about her show

Cant wait for Luke and Marv to give there unbiased reviews of MISS Wilson's show. LOL

In my interactions with Mary, I've always referred to her as just that: Mary. I think it's because she has this aura of approachablity; didn't Berry even say once she was too familiar to the fans?

Martha Reeves, on the other hand, I've always addressed as Miss Martha. Just as approachable, but she commands [[and deserves) respect.

I guess if I'd ever meet Diana, it would be Miss Ross. That's what she likes and 60 years into a career, who am I to say different?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

Mary is hit and miss with her hair. For as many times as I've seen her look fabulous, equally I've wondered if she owns a brush.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Mary is just fine with adults calling her Mary.

I call her Mary when others are not around and Ms. Wilson in front of people. It's only right.

Here is the full program. Mary starts at 35:11 in this video:

Actually I liked it

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I call her Mary when others are not around and Ms. Wilson in front of people. It's only right.
    Marv when I used to run into Martha Reeves in the Ren Cen I always called her Ms. Reeves. Even though I had many conversations with her, it was always ms. Reeves. Anyway, I thought Mary was fine and enjoyable as always. Her laugh is infectious. And still looking fine!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Marv when I used to run into Martha Reeves in the Ren Cen I always called her Ms. Reeves. Even though I had many conversations with her, it was always ms. Reeves. Anyway, I thought Mary was fine and enjoyable as always. Her laugh is infectious. And still looking fine!
    I always call Martha Reeves, Miss Martha. Every now and then I'd call her Martha, like "Martha, they want to take your pic", or "Martha have you been to Bert's lately...". But generally it's Miss Martha. Same thing with the Payne Sisters.

I thought she was great on the show...I hadn't realized there were 2 threads on the same subject and commented in the other thread. She was flirtatious with the host, Ari Melber, and acted shocked when he told her he was only 38. She didn't quite get the premise of his "who needs to fall back" segment [[I'm not sure I quite did either), so she instead volunteered that she felt the young generation isn't being taught respect for their elders as she and others from her generation had been. I thought she made good points, had fun, and the other folks on the panel definitely were solicitous towards her.

I didn't like her hairdo either - I don't want a Mary Wilson with grey hair! And she should ditch the fur! It's too 80s not to mention animal cruelty...!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I always call Martha Reeves, Miss Martha. Every now and then I'd call her Martha, like "Martha, they want to take your pic", or "Martha have you been to Bert's lately...". But generally it's Miss Martha. Same thing with the Payne Sisters.
    Marv, please read the thread on the Reeves album 'Rainbow'. I was just expressing that I wish someone could ask her a few questions about that mysterious album. Please check it out!

Her hair's [[Mary) okay. I didn't mind it when I first saw it while some others were like "Mary what are you doing?" She's always been stylish now.

I don’t mind the gray at all. It’s the style that is awful. I don’t know if those are extensions or not but they Are not done well at all.
    Last edited by khansperac; 11-17-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Marv, please read the thread on the Reeves album 'Rainbow'. I was just expressing that I wish someone could ask her a few questions about that mysterious album. Please check it out!
    I'll check it out Kenneth. Thanks!

Mary looks good! Not a fan of the faux fur, but otherwise a great appearance. Mary does have a grand laugh and you can't help but just want to love on her.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Mary looks good! Not a fan of the faux fur, but otherwise a great appearance. Mary does have a grand laugh and you can't help but just want to love on her.
    Mary kinda reminds me of Tina Turner when she laughs. They always seem like they're full of life...

I didn’t get why she wouldn’t fist bump Ari and then she said she was kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I didn’t get why she wouldn’t fist bump Ari and then she said she was kidding.
    She did shake his hand though. Ari kills me when he always recites Rap lyrics on his show. LOL!

I honestly don't know where to begin.

First, that wig. OMG
    Second, she directly stole Diana Ross' line about people who don't know her calling her by her first name.
    Third, her ramble was an answer to a question ????? lol
    Fourth, does she really have to break out in song unasked in every single solitary interview ???

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I honestly don't know where to begin.

First, that wig. OMG
    Second, she directly stole Diana Ross' line about people who don't know her calling her by her first name.
    Third, her ramble was an answer to a question ????? lol
    Fourth, does she really have to break out in song unasked in every single solitary interview ???
    Where do I begin with your response:
    first not a wig, those are extensions.
    second, not a rip-off if Diana she was referring to how the younger generation should address their elders.
    third, she answered the question.
    and fourth she’s allowed if you got a problem with that, too bad you don’t have to watch.

Great response- on point.

'Call me Miss Wilson'. Too funny. Contradict much?? Well she has to get booked where she can, so good for her. Since she was on a news network I presumed she was there to give her opinions on Brexit, infrastructure & trade relations, but I guess we'll have to be happy with her plug for her upcoming gig.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    'Call me Miss Wilson'. Too funny. Contradict much?? Well she has to get booked where she can, so good for her. Since she was on a news network I presumed she was there to give her opinions on Brexit, infrastructure & trade relations, but I guess we'll have to be happy with her plug for her upcoming gig.
    Didn't you even watch the program video? None of those things were not the subject. Aren't you just a little embarrassed?
    Last edited by marv2; 11-20-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: left out the word "not"

I always call Mary Mary and Martha Martha or “Martha May” It never even dawned on me to use a surname. I don’t know what I would use if I met Diana. I’d probably call her by her first name without thinking it through first.

I hate Mary’s hair like this, I’m just not ready for gray-headed Supremes. I thought Mary acted like a nut on that shower, I thought maybe she had had too much to drink she had no idea why she was there and calling attention to the two minute warning she does with a two minute warning years she just did it because she wanted to get a plug-in for gig. I don’t think she would’ve convinced anybody to go to her shower based on this appearance, however, anyone who can should absolutely go as this show is incredible.

I guess in reading these comments, everyone see what they want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I always call Mary Mary and Martha Martha or “Martha May” It never even dawned on me to use a surname. I don’t know what I would use if I met Diana. I’d probably call her by her first name without thinking it through first.

I hate Mary’s hair like this, I’m just not ready for gray-headed Supremes. I thought Mary acted like a nut on that shower, I thought maybe she had had too much to drink she had no idea why she was there and calling attention to the two minute warning she does with a two minute warning years she just did it because she wanted to get a plug-in for gig. I don’t think she would’ve convinced anybody to go to her shower based on this appearance, however, anyone who can should absolutely go as this show is incredible.
    Is it possible she may have dyed it? I imagine Mary's hair would be white? I mean someone did mention she was influenced by the Black Panther movie and Angela Bassett's look in it? *shrug*

For those bitching about her hair, you do realize she is wearing gray extensions

These guys that are so concerned over Mary Wilson's hair this week are just ridiculous. If you've followed Mary's career, then you know it will change as always. I cannot believe what I read here sometimes. LOL!!!