[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diana Ross to Perform at NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center!

Diana Ross will be performing on November 28 at NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center special among with other stars like Tony Bennett, John Legend, Diana Krall...

https://people.com/tv/nbc-christmas-...r-lineup-2018/

The lady is still in demand. This is good to know.

Can't wait. She has the perfect voice for Xmas songs. She is out promoting her new released Xmas album.

Great news. This proves a couple of things. When she wants to she will do promotion, and is very strategic about it. It also proves that she can get any gig she wants.

waiting for the Ross Arrival on the Macy's Parade on NBC TV!

the new Christmas alnum went from #567 on the Amazon chart before the show to #88 right after the show..and she's pushing the album again on the Tree Lighting show coming up shortly...MotownMakingMoney

Definitely will help record sales and streams. Still a smart business lady Miss Di is...

Is this one this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Is this one this evening?
    Indeed. Here in the NYC area it is always a popular ratings-getter on TV and attracts thousands in person; I attended several times many a year ago! The performances are lip-synched; I would bet that only one of the scheduled performers gets criticism here for doing so!

It’s on now

She performed on the same bill as John Legend for the Essence Festival and we all know how well that went. The lowest attendance for the entire festival occurred that night for some strange reason.........hehehehehehehehe!

She was simply amazing on the Rockefeller Tree Lighting special this evening!! She sang live and was in excellent voice. She even performed Home, live on TV! I am supremely shocked! Wow wow wow!!

I thought she did a great job. The Xmas medley was a bit rushed, but she was really feeling HOME.
    Last edited by reese; 11-28-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She performed on the same bill as John Legend for the Essence Festival and we all know how well that went. The lowest attendance for the entire festival occurred that night for some strange reason.........hehehehehehehehe!
    Oh go sit down "bitter party of one" and watch Diane on NBC overv and over and over and iover and over and over again like you always do.

Perhaps borrow a few bucks from Diane to head over to the Carlyle for a Merry Christmas

She was incredible! Her "Home" is strong and meaningful

Wow! Thanks Jobeterob for the link. It's 5am out here in Oregon and I'm just overwhelmed watching and listening to Diana's performance. And, to have her sing "Home" was the icing on the cake.

Yes, thank you Jobeterob. This was amazing!

It was an amazing performance especially for someone nearly 75

Perhaps borrow a few bucks from Diane to head over to the Carlyle for a Merry Christmas
    Didn't one of our members who attended Mary's show mention and inebriated fan rushing the stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Oh go sit down "bitter party of one" and watch Diane on NBC overv and over and over and iover and over and over again like you always do.
    #laughingstock !

Thanks! VERY impressive; almost no one sings live at this event. It was about 38 degrees and windy in NYC last evening so singing could not have been easy. But when one is a real pro and hitting it out of the ballpark for 50+ years, one bats another home run! Thank you Diana Ross for all these years of perfection!

Diana Ross brought it "HOME" last evening in NYC. That song resonated with me back in the day when she performed it in "THE WIZ." If you are at home with yourself, you can be at "home" anywhere. In the ensuing years, this at the time, much maligned film has been recognized as being ground breaking. Yes, indeed, Diana Ross brought Christmas "home" last evening!Name:  47095660_10215211963564440_3350704485272911872_n.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  67.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 11-29-2018 at 12:38 PM.

She sounded great during the medley! "Home" was rather shaky and disappointing. I think the song is officially out of her range now. She either needs to tailor it to her current skills or leave it in the past. But I thought she was brilliant on the Christmas medley. She reminded me of Diana Ross 20 years ago. And she still looks so youthful. If she takes care of herself, I think she'll be around for a very long time. She has a youthful spirit about her, not like she's settling into being an old lady [[but not disrespecting herself by trying to be something she isn't). I really enjoyed the performance.

Diana was incredible. Social media was on fire last night showering her with praise for her performance of “Home”. She looked georgeous on TV. Cant wait for the official HD version of this to be posted. You will hear how great she really sounded, and see how flawless she looked. Her eyes started to well up with tears as she sang “Home”. Bravo on a truly memorable performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    She sounded great during the medley! "Home" was rather shaky and disappointing. I think the song is officially out of her range now. She either needs to tailor it to her current skills or leave it in the past. But I thought she was brilliant on the Christmas medley. She reminded me of Diana Ross 20 years ago. And she still looks so youthful. If she takes care of herself, I think she'll be around for a very long time. She has a youthful spirit about her, not like she's settling into being an old lady [[but not disrespecting herself by trying to be something she isn't). I really enjoyed the performance.
    I thought Home was the highlight.

But do we seriously think she can be doing THAT at 80?? I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Thanks! VERY impressive; almost no one sings live at this event.
    Actually, most of the performers sing live at the Christmas Tree lighting. Usually, the backgrounds are tracked but the lead singers are live. Last night, John Legend, Pentatonix, Brett Eldredge all sang live. I believe most of the others did as well.

But do we seriously think she can be doing THAT at 80?? I'm not so sure.
    Hey, look at Tony Bennett! All you need is passion.

the Ross Christmas album jumped to #41 on the Amazon Albums chart; on the Amazon Soul Albums chart it is now #2!!! and she's doing NBC's New Year's Eve show as well!! sell, sell, sell,GIRL!!

I thought "Home" was fantastic.

That said, I thought the medley sucked. She flubbed quite a few lines [[how do you not know a holiday standard?) and at one point, appeared to not be singing at all. Regardless, it's Diana Ross and it was fabulous.

I'm on the fence about the whole outfit. I swear I've seen it before, for Clinton's inauguration? Blue doesn't scream "Christmas" to me.

They did clearly save the best for last; save for Legend, I thought the others were horrid. Bennett included.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I thought "Home" was fantastic.

That said, I thought the medley sucked. She flubbed quite a few lines [[how do you not know a holiday standard?) and at one point, appeared to not be singing at all. Regardless, it's Diana Ross and it was fabulous.

I'm on the fence about the whole outfit. I swear I've seen it before, for Clinton's inauguration? Blue doesn't scream "Christmas" to me.

They did clearly save the best for last; save for Legend, I thought the others were horrid. Bennett included.
    Re the outfit, yes, she wore something similar when she sang GOD BLESS AMERICA at the concert before Clinton's inaguration.

Re last night, I thought HOME was the absolute best. I don't think she rehearsed the medley enough. Even if you know the songs, knowing which parts you are singing takes some practice. Someone posted on Facebook that she taped her performance a few times before she was satisfied. Apparently there were some technical issues as well as lyric issues with the teleprompter.

I wish they had showed her performance of AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH. Considering most of the other acts had two and sometimes three spots, Diana deserved the same.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    What a cheap, childish, desperate, Donald Trumpish comment to make which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread seeing as there are no tickets being sold so there is no attendance comparative. If you WANT to talk about poor-to-dismal ticket sales, hit me up.

Ross has received universally rave reviews from a variety of sources for both appearances so far and the cd has charted.

You are are embarrassing yourself.

I agree with MaryBrewster. She sounded good and looked incredible, but the Christmas medley was the weak spot. She lacked confidence and it showed especially reading off a teleprompter for lyrics. Of course she does it with ease and smile so you forget whatever mistakes she made. She may not have sung these songs in 25 years, but these Christmas songs are classic. These aren’t brand new songs no one has heard before. I think it would have been better if she had a live band with her. The prerecorded music [[which sounded kinda cheap to me - I hate synthesized music) didn’t work well either. “Home” was better and she definitely was more comfortable and confident singing it. Nonetheless it was great to see her and great promotion for her Christmas album. Didn’t she say in one of her recent Q&As that there was something else she had planned for the holidays?

Just side comment: Tony Bennett needs to hang up the mic. I understand he may still love performing, but he doesn’t vocally have it anymore and those duets he did with Diana Krall were awful. She sounded awful and it looked like they didn’t rehearse one bit. I felt like I was watching someone’s aunt and uncle trying to sing Christmas songs on a karaoke machine at a family get together.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 11-29-2018 at 05:22 PM.

What a great performance. And she was so beautiful. So many celebrities tweeted about how great she looked and sounded. I personally loved her performance of "Home". It brought tears to my eyes.

That’s definitely who I thought of ; and also Betty White; I notice Tony’s reviews from last night are not good while Diana’s were excellent

Sorry this is a reply to Carlo’s message about Tony Bennett

I think Brad summed up the Tony/Diana duet perfectly, except it's more like Grandpa and his 4th wife that's the same age as his daughter.

That’s definitely who I thought of ; and also Betty White; I notice Tony’s reviews from last night are not good while Diana’s were excellent

Sorry this is a reply to Carlo’s message about Tony Bennett
    The problem is, Betty White could fart in a microphone and still be charming. Tony on the other hand looked like he just woke up from a nap and was in a rush to get back to his pj's.

I see John Legend replied to her on Twitter and simply said “Queen “

I think Brad summed up the Tony/Diana duet perfectly, except it's more like Grandpa and his 4th wife that's the same age as his daughter.
    Or granddaughter.

I see John Legend replied to her on Twitter and simply said “Queen “
    I hope Aretha doesn't have a laptop in heaven.

Ain’t No Way.

One way or another, Aretha will have a statement on this for release shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I wish they had showed her performance of AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH. Considering most of the other acts had two and sometimes three spots, Diana deserved the same.
    Reese, her performance of I'm Coming Out/If We Hold On Together/ Ain't No Mountain High Enough will air on the New Year's Eve special. It was pre-taped that same night.

Thank you for posting this link for all the overseas fans to watch this very impressive performance by miss Ross she looked and sounds amazing. Glad to see she is getting her respect and dues so far into her career. Still flying the flag for Motown !!!

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post

Diana had a “segment”. She sang more than 2 songs when you think about it. She sang a medley of 4 songs, and then sang another song “Home”.
    Last edited by khansperac; 11-29-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Reese, her performance of I'm Coming Out/If We Hold On Together/ Ain't No Mountain High Enough will air on the New Year's Eve special. It was pre-taped that same night.
    Thanks for the info!

I saw the clip and she really only sings the words “ I’m coming out “ that intro part and that was it, As she walked onto the stage. She then sings “if we hold on together” and “ain’t no mountain high enough” the regular version, not the dance version she sang at the AMA’s. I thought she would, seeing how it’s New Year’s Eve and everybody is there to party.