[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Announces Brand New Day 2019 Tour

Thanks - just January for now; looking forward to a NYC return!

Thanks for sharing. It tickles me that, for the first 18 years of my life, Diana wouldn't touch Savannah with a ten-foot pole. Now that I've moved away, it seems she's there annually. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Thanks for sharing. It tickles me that, for the first 18 years of my life, Diana wouldn't touch Savannah with a ten-foot pole. Now that I've moved away, it seems she's there annually. Go figure.
    I don't know how old you are Sans, but depending on your age, the first 18 years of your life Diana may have been too big for Savannah. I notice the legends these days are sometimes playing places they haven't hit since they were on the Chitlin Circuit. Diana must be enjoying an occasional pot of chitlins these days in between Vegas stops and Rockefeller Center.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I don't know how old you are Sans, but depending on your age, the first 18 years of your life Diana may have been too big for Savannah. I notice the legends these days are sometimes playing places they haven't hit since they were on the Chitlin Circuit. Diana must be enjoying an occasional pot of chitlins these days in between Vegas stops and Rockefeller Center.
    You’ve nailed it. I’m in my late 40s, and Diana was That Girl for most of my childhood, so the “too big” theory is valid. Growing up, I got to see Prince there [[until PURPLE RAIN) as well as The Jacksons [[until VICTORY), but missed Diana by about 7 years. It’s a stop at which many performers pay dues, but tend to abandon when success mushrooms.

Chitlins AND collard greens, I’d say.😆

Sans; same age as you. Where did you see Prince?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Sans; same age as you. Where did you see Prince?
    Savannah; ‘79 & ‘82.

I'm delighted that Diana Ross is still touring but I do feel that it's a great pity that she doesn't include some dates in the UK. After all, the UK remained loyal to her when the USA didn't seem to be interested in her music.

[QUOTE=rovereab;489018]I'm delighted that Diana Ross is still touring but I do feel that it's a great pity that she doesn't include some dates in the UK. After all, the UK remained loyal to her when the USA didn't seem to be interested in her music.[/QUOTE

I wondered about this as well. I originally assumed a European tour would be timed with the release of a new CD for promotional purposes, but as time passes I am not sure there will be another release. Perhaps a European tour would not be a cost effective venture without the backing of a record label...

At about 6:20 in this video from a concert last week, she is asked about coming to England. She replied, "I don't know when it will be, but, Who knows?"

By the way, it was really nice how she changed the final song and sang Best Years Of My Life and dedicated it to the audience. She was in a sentimental mood.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    At about 6:20 in this video from a concert last week, she is asked about coming to England. She replied, "I don't know when it will be, but, Who knows?"

By the way, it was really nice how she changed the final song and sang Best Years Of My Life and dedicated it to the audience. She was in a sentimental mood.

She looks real happy and at one with the world and shes still got audiences in the palm of her hand after all theses years. A true mega star.

Diana is at this stage of her life that she is resting on her laurels pretty much and can play anywhere she wants. She no longer has to fight for her place in history.

Is it still called a "tour" when it's just several dates in basically one state? Also, is it any different from the show she's doing now? I would hope she would change up her set list a bit and throw in some forgotten hits like "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone," "The Happening," or "Reach Out, I'll Be There."

I think those are just the first concerts and other dates will be listed later. From what I’m seeing online, this recent run in Vegas, she has added songs she really hasn’t performed lately.

As nice as it would be for the UK and European fans to have another chance to see her, if I was living overseas and Miss Ross is my favourite artist, I would have saved every penny during the last 11 years [[her last tour there was 2007?) and made a trip to see her in Vegas. Once a person reaches a certain age, I would imagine travelling overseas is difficult, considering she has minimal entourage, and doing shows are probably not a walk in the park either. In the meantime, why not make the effort to see her here? I understand some do not have the means to travel, but it seems like a ton of fans are complaining and barely any of them are being proactive about it. If I had the chance to see someone like Dame Shirley Bassey again and let's pretend she would only do a final UK tour, I would jump at the chance to travel overseas from the US to see her. I would imagine Miss Ross has had offers to perform in the UK since then, as the Glastonbury rumors persist year after year. She even did a one off private gig there a few years ago. So why she can't/won't tour the UK and EU really gets me...

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Is it still called a "tour" when it's just several dates in basically one state? Also, is it any different from the show she's doing now? I would hope she would change up her set list a bit and throw in some forgotten hits like "Love Is Here And Now You're Gone," "The Happening," or "Reach Out, I'll Be There."
    As mentioned, she has changed some songs here and there, at times, but none of the ones you have listed. She certainly has a tendency to keep the show the same for the most part and it seems to appeal to the general public, which is where the money is. She is still selling and doing well, so why would she feel she needs to change it? She is almost 75 and I would imagine she doesn't feel comfortable totally revamping her show at this point in her life, especially if it's doing well and most people seem to be happy with it, based on the ongoing bookings she gets. She would have to relearn lyrics to songs she hasn't performed in quite some time, keeping in mind the age factor. I watched a video of her performing the Best Years of My Life from Vegas this past week, which is not a song she usually does, and she made a request for the lyrics. There was one woman repeatedly yelling before the song started, wanting to hear Reach Out and Touch. People want the staple numbers. I would love to hear different stuff too, but at this point, we take whatever we can get.

Some different songs she has done in the past year include The Best Years, He Lives In You, Amazing Grace, It's My Turn and Home. Hopefully she could consider rotating even just one of these songs into the regular setlist.

I heard she did The Man I Love last night

More dates announced today I believe

Also added 'He Lives In You' last week.

I hear performers sometimes saying they have abandoned international dates due to the misery that contemporary air travel has become, so that may be a part of Diana's decision. Also the horrid racial profiling experience she had at a UK airport years ago may influence her decisions. Add in relentless demands for promotion and time away from her beloved family ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I hear performers sometimes saying they have abandoned international dates due to the misery that contemporary air travel has become, so that may be a part of Diana's decision. Also the horrid racial profiling experience she had at a UK airport years ago may influence her decisions. Add in relentless demands for promotion and time away from her beloved family ...
    There was no racial profiling involved in the Heathrow airport incident in 1999. Ross objected to being search like all passengers and responded by assaulting the female airport security person leading to her arrest.
    Last edited by marv2; 11-20-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    There was no racial profiling involved in the Heathrow airport incident in 1999. Ross objected to being search like all passengers and responded by assaulting the female aiport security person leading to her arrest.
    That was my understanding too marv2.

They were always hers.

There was no racial profiling involved in the Heathrow airport incident in 1999. Ross objected to being search like all passengers and responded by assaulting the female airport security person leading to her arrest.
    She was not arrested! She was detained by security.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    She was not arrested! She was detained by security.
    She was arrested man.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1433818/dian...itish-airport/

Here is a list of a few dozen articles regarding Diana Ross' ARREST in London:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=diana+...st=1&FORM=PERE

She was arrested man.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1433818/dian...itish-airport/

Here is a list of a few dozen articles regarding Diana Ross' ARREST in London:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=diana+...st=1&FORM=PERE
    if Dianes frenemy and unoficial biographer says she was arrested then she was arrested. This man has gazillions of files on his dear Diane. HEhehehehehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    if Dianes frenemy and unoficial biographer says she was arrested then she was arrested. This man has gazillions of files on his dear Diane. HEhehehehehehehehehe
    I know. He should write a book! So funny. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I know. He should write a book! So funny. Lol
    Hes great at making up stories so a good fiction book about Diane Ross may prove to be real profitable.

He could collaborate with Mary… She’s good at fiction also!

She wasn’t arrested, despite the headline. There were no charges, no court date. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post

She wasn’t arrested, despite the headline. There were no charges, no court date. Duh.
    That's what expensive lawyers are for. She was arrested in 1999 and again in 2002 for drunk driving even spending time in jail. I think she is the only Supreme with a criminal record now.

So true. She was interviewed by Larry King right after the Heathrow incident and she corrected Larry King when he said arrested and she told him she was not arrested only detained.

Too funny, Ms. Roberta! It's kinda like the djt tweets - 'ya wish they didn't happen but a good laughingstock is hard to pass up.

That's what expensive lawyers are for. She was arrested in 1999 and again in 2002 for drunk driving even spending time in jail. I think she is the only Supreme with a criminal record now.
    And that makes you happy? You love to wallow is negativity. Shes 16 years sober and happy now, the latter is something youll never know,which is real sad imo.

Marv is 60 years of misery, no hits, no runs, no kids, no Diana, no Mary

But PLENTY of errors!

She was never arrested in Heathrow, she was detained and there’s a big difference. She was arrested in Arizona for criminal DUI because it was over the legal limit of regular DUI and she may still have a criminal record or maybe it was expunged I don’t know. I also don’t know if she’s the only supreme to have a criminal record or to have ever been arrested. But I do know that Mary is lucky she never got arrested when she was playing fast and loose with cocaine for 15+ years - In many jurisdictions that is federal time mandatory just for possession… At least it was back then.…But she never tried to take it through customs which was very smart of her.