[REMOVE ADS]

Question The Monitors on Buddah Records?

I don't recall this being discussed before. I just came across a 45 on Buddah Records from 1972. Is this Motown's Monitors? The A-side, "Fence Around Your Heart" is on Youtube. The B-side is a cover of the Chi-Lites "Have You Seen Her."

The UK version of the 45 lists them as "The New Monitors"

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  21.1 KB
    Yes, they are Motown's Monitors, only without Richard Street. This was recorded after Street left the group [[a little before he joined The Temptations). It was produced by ex-Motowner, Robert Bateman, and written by him, along with ex-Motown songwriter, Sidney Barnes. I think it is Maurice Fagin on lead.
    Last edited by robb_k; 11-10-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks, Robb ... 1st I've heard of a post-Motown recording, other than Motorcity.

It sounds like something that was written for the Four Tops. I can hear Levi doing a tremendous job on this.