[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha Franklin's Documentary "AMAZING GRACE" Finally Being Released

I can't wait to see it. Thank you Reese.

Hallelujah! My oldest friend breathlessly texted me the news a couple of hours ago. Wouldn’t it be bittersweet and wonderful if it snagged an Oscar?

Good news !

This is great news. I remember a few years ago the documentary received great reviews at one of the international film festivals and out of the blue Aretha had it taken off the market. This may have never received her blessing but I believe that it's a part of history that the world needs to see.

Here's a link for tickets to Monday's screening in NYC:

http://www.docnyc.net/featured/doc-n...amazing-grace/

This is going to be great. I can't remember why Aretha shut this down, but if the family is participating and it'll help them financially I'm all for it. The Amazing Grace album is one of her masterpieces.

Yassss!! I can't wait to see it! I tried to purchase tickets for NY screening, but all sold out. Of course members have first dibs. Only rush tickets available 10 minutes before showing and I guarantee you people will be lining up at around noon for rush. I will patiently wait for limited theatre release.

Now if only the powers that be finally reissue a remastered Jerry Butler's Spice of Life, I will be a happy camper....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    Yassss!! I can't wait to see it! I tried to purchase tickets for NY screening, but all sold out. Of course members have first dibs. Only rush tickets available 10 minutes before showing and I guarantee you people will be lining up at around noon for rush. I will patiently wait for limited theatre release.

Now if only the powers that be finally reissue a remastered Jerry Butler's Spice of Life, I will be a happy camper....lol.
    Right there with you on both the film AND Spice of Life!!!