[REMOVE ADS]

Lay With You - El DeBarge

Been LOVING this one a lot recently!!!!!

from El's 2010 album Second Chance

Oh yeah Tom, this was a jam. I was glad that it actually got airplay. And the inclusion of one of my favorite singers of all time Faith Evans doesn't hurt.

Yes, indeed! This is probably my favorite track from a great comeback album.

Hi Tom,
    Nice track, not really heard much of El DeBarge solo stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Oh yeah Tom, this was a jam. I was glad that it actually got airplay. And the inclusion of one of my favorite singers of all time Faith Evans doesn't hurt.
    Yesss Ran, this sounds like a hit to me. Don't know much about Faith Evans but I love her on this and remember liking what I sampled on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yes, indeed! This is probably my favorite track from a great comeback album.
    Mine too sans!!! I also love "Heaven"!

Quote Originally Posted by McMotown View Post
    Hi Tom,
    Nice track, not really heard much of El DeBarge solo stuff.
    Hi Paul, glad you liked it. I'm just getting into El's solo albums. I liked this track initially but it has really grown on me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Yesss Ran, this sounds like a hit to me. Don't know much about Faith Evans but I love her on this and remember liking what I sampled on iTunes!
    When you get a chance Tom check Faith out. She has some great stuff, although from my fan perspective her career suffers from lack of consistently high quality material. But all of her albums have some great stuff on it. I always thought if Faith had recorded most of the same stuff Mary J Blige did she'd be on a different level. Nevertheless, I am wild about her voice.

I will do RanRan. She did remind me of Mary J Blige actually. Same hip hop-R&B-soul style. Same era I guess too? Anyway I recall really liking The First Lady from what I heard.

I'm afraid Mary J. has left Faith in the proverbial dust! She recently received a much deserved Lifetime Achievement award at the BET19 Awards. She was introduced by Rihanna, no less! Check out the speech, when you got time.

Back on topic - It grew on me too...like an infection, Tomato Tom.