[REMOVE ADS]

Jerry Murray - Jerry O

It's been a few years since I've been on here but hello to all of the guys who remember me. I'm trying to conclude the text of my latest book about Jerry O. It's been my toughest assignment so far! There's a load of things I still don't know and here's the main ones if anyone can help please.

Was Jerry Murray a cousin of Tyrone Davis?
    Was Jerry also born around Greenville MS?
    When was he born? Oct '39 and Nov '42 have been suggested.
    My research suggests his locations were, Mississippi, Chicago, Detroit, Chicago and his death back in Mississippi, around '72 - '75.
    Who was Larry Payton who was behind his Jerry O label as well as owning his own Larry O label?
    Where was the Soulville record store located in Chicago, owned by Art Morton?
    Was Jerry's late 60s business partner, Tom Hosea the same guy as Tom Hozier?

I have a lot more but that's a start!

Thanks for reading through this!

Can't help Keith, sorrysorry

But Jerry-o " Karate Boogaloo" was the kind of thing I cut my teeth to at my first club...memories galore!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2JHf8APoYEU

Sounds so nice..play it twice..
    See this is what I love about soul music..that line reminds me of a lad who attended that first club...and thinking of him sends me off in 1,000 directions.
    Last edited by snakepit; 11-05-2018 at 06:20 PM.