[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Will Be In The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

That's fun! It says she will be performing a song from her 'new' Christmas album.

In The US, it is a new Christmas album! [[Well, for most of the tracks).

i'd be fine if she just sang The Boss again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zavCUPbL7ME

She’ll Be lip-syncing to a track from her Christmas album. No one ever sings live at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Everything [[music, singing) is all prerecorded. She’ll most likely get a minute or two. Don’t expect a full spotlight like they do for the Broadway shows.

Maybe she'll sing the Children's Christmas Song and Tracee and Evan can replace Berry and Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Maybe she'll sing the Children's Christmas Song and Tracee and Evan can replace Berry and Terry.
    Erm, don't you mean Louvain & Marlene? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    maybe she'll sing the children's christmas song and tracee and evan can replace berry and terry.
    lol

The fun of being in this parade might mostly be in having her family join her. This might be Grandma Ross recognizing an opportunity to provide a grand experience for her grandkids that only by having a grandma of her stature could be pulled off. A memory they'll never forget.
    Quite bold of her , have to get up early and be confined and smile for hours in elements that are at the mercy of the day's weather. And at her age too , I'd say she's quite a trooper.

"The fun of being in this parade might mostly be in having her family join her. This might be Grandma Ross recognizing an opportunity to provide a grand experience for her grandkids that only by having a grandma of her stature could be pulled off. A memory they'll never forget.
    Quite bold of her , have to get up early and be confined and smile for hours in elements that are at the mercy of the day's weather. And at her age too , I'd say she's quite a trooper."

Coldest parade ever.

"Darn you Evan!! " Shivering.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 11-22-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Well, she was the second to last float behind Santa. I thought I missed her performance, and turns out she was in a float. And even if she did perform, I missed it. But even if I missed it as a Motown fan and Diana Ross fan [[despite my username) having her in a float was pretty darn cool.

Was the float packed with Rosses?

Maybe, all I saw was Tracey, but there were a lot of people on that float and my attention was to Diana. but Tracey was there hamming it up

Rhonda had pictures on Facebook of getting ready with her son - all in white.

Name:  CD4D3F31-7532-4A24-B22F-6E0AF8100BC9.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  15.3 KB

lol

I was there, and I watched it on tv. It was the typical Ross-on-auto-pilot. As usual when she is on national tv, she demonstrated no soul or depth, only fluff. My advice, leave the family out of your career, and focus on knocking the audience dead in their tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I was there, and I watched it on tv. It was the typical Ross-on-auto-pilot. As usual when she is on national tv, she demonstrated no soul or depth, only fluff. My advice, leave the family out of your career, and focus on knocking the audience dead in their tracks.
    She is a legend at this point and most people seemed to love her. She was there, surrounded by the love and fun of her family, which is her priority at this stage in life. She's already done it all. She's almost 75. What do you expect? Do you expect her to be lifted horizontally by half a dozen dancers, Mariah Carey style, a la Caesars Palace opening from 79? lol. She's over it. Just count your blessings she's still here, and healthy and happy, and making an effort to perform for 'fans' like you. She looked fabulous and dazzled us, along with her beautiful family. My advice is to focus on your blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes count our blessings - she sure does

she can do whatever the **** she wants,...AND SHE DOES!!..xo DR

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    she can do whatever the **** she wants,...AND SHE DOES!!..xo DR
    Right?! Being almost 75 years old, she also braved the coldest temperatures ever during any Macy's Day Parade and stayed atop the float for multiple hours. Yet Chica posted above that Ms Diana Ross should focus on her performance? She seemed to do a fabulous job to me, and when you consider the circumstances/climate, she went above and beyond!

all white fur, spinning, hair flying..what's not to love??

Thanks rob,
    SO CUTE!!!

She looked excited to be on the float, having a good time with her family. Rhonda on top with Diana, Tracee a step down with Evan, Ross and his family a step below that. Just fantastic to see them all together like this!

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    She looked excited to be on the float, having a good time with her family. Rhonda on top with Diana, Tracee a step down with Evan, Ross and his family a step below that. Just fantastic to see them all together like this!
    I've been thinking about this , and I agree, this is a wonderful experience for the Ross family to share [[and for us to witness) and one they'll fondly recall for many many years of Thanksgivings to come. The family matriarch really delivered with this one.

I noticed that this is a Hallmark float , which makes me think that the re-release of this Xmas music must continue to be under their umbrella.

I am thankful when any member of the Motown family has success, no matter how big or how small. Diana & family looked beautiful. May she and her family be infinitely blessed.

The Ross Family’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Celebration In New York City Is Pure Joy

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0771fb6b94103

I did not watch it. What exactly did she do?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I did not watch it. What exactly did she do?
    Awww......you missed Mary and Diane. What a shame.

`the girl wants to sell copies of the Christmas CD..and it's working..

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Awww......you missed Mary and Diane. What a shame.
    Diana was trying to sell a few copies of the Merry Christmas the Supremes CD to support Mary some more and get her some money for an album, I mean "another album", that she never appeared on that has only sold 3 million copies.

Message only meant for Marv etc., not Mary or anybody else on the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    `the girl wants to sell copies of the Christmas CD..and it's working..
    She should take them to her shows and sell them. Mary does.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Diana was trying to sell a few copies of the Merry Christmas the Supremes CD to support Mary some more and get her some money for an album, I mean "another album", that she never appeared on that has only sold 3 million copies.

Message only meant for Marv etc., not Mary or anybody else on the Board.
    Oh so that is what she was doing? Diane was trying to sell a 53 year old Christmas record to kids that don't even know who she is? Has she no shame? Wow.

Always wonderful to see our girl looking happy, healthy and beloved! Rock on, Ross clan!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Always wonderful to see our girl looking happy, healthy and beloved! Rock on, Ross clan!
    The physical Christmas CD is even in local stores.

why wouldn't it be/ it's a HIT!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She should take them to her shows and sell them. Mary does.
    That's a good way to sell CDs in today's world. Was Mary able to do that at Cafe Carlyle too?

It's a Christmas album and it's released by Universal Music, one of the biggest conglomerates in the world;
    they aren't selling CDs in the lobby, they should buy ad time on tv..