[REMOVE ADS]

Ain't It Amazing: The Unreleased Westbound Masters C.J. & Co Released 30-11-2018

C.J. & CO. were one of the first successes of the disco era. The Detroit-based group who had started out a decade previously as the Strides, gained world-wide success with Devil's Gun the first record played at Studio 54. They released two albums and left a legacy that is very much associated with that time. A couple of years ago producer Mike Theodore approached Westbound with a cache of unreleased material by the group which, along with an unreleased album from the Westbound vaults, has allowed them to create this alternate history of the band. Theodore and partner Dennis Coffey crafted a fantastic musical arena for the mixed sex group. The material on Ain't It Amazing ranges from their earliest recordings for Westbound, including the current in-demand soul masterpiece Let Them Talk to out-and-out disco classics such as the title track and Get Lucky. Also included is the original mix of Devil's Gun which was left in the vaults after Tom Moulton created the iconic single mix. Put together with the help of Mike Theodore, the booklet includes a sleeve note telling the story of the band and gives the producer s unique insight into C.J. & CO.
    1. Ain't It Amazing

2. Rainbow Music

3. Devil's Gun [[Original Mix)

4. Get Lucky

5. Is Your Love Life Better

6. Brassband

7. Let Them Talk

8. Can't Believe You'd Break Your Promise

9. Boogie Love

10. The Golden Touch

11. Rainmaker

12. Call Me If You Need Me

How in the world do you sit on product for forty years and then decide "Now is the time!" ??? [[hey I just remembered I've got some master tapes out in the garage!)

Mike Theodore went on to release some of my favorite disco under his own name, but that second LP by CJ was a dud, and based on it, sorry , but it's hard to get excited about material that at the time was deemed less worthy for release.

The original pre-Moulton mix of DEVIL'S GUN , that does peak my interest.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 10-31-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Lets wait and see...