[REMOVE ADS]

Groundbreaking Poet/Playwright/Novelist Ntozake Shange Dies at 70

After all these years Somebody just walked off with my s..... and I have loved you assiduously still resonate in my head. May she rest in peace. Thank you for the slice of culture.

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    After all these years Somebody just walked off with my s..... and I have loved you assiduously still resonate in my head. May she rest in peace. Thank you for the slice of culture.
    Yes, indeed. "i found god in myself/& i loved her/i loved her fiercely." Indelible. Rest in power.
    Last edited by sansradio; 10-29-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Just yesterday, I heard someone in a video mispronounce her name, but I knew who they meant. Another legend of the 20th Century has gone on. She always reminded me a a friend of mine from high school in terms of looks. Rest in peace Ms. Shange and thank you.

Marv

Just in recent years have black women with similar approaches and outlooks as Ntozake
    getting their respect and proper due but I'm happy to say I do see it happening. I didn't
    always agree with or understand some of the things she would do and say at times but
    realized early she was a special artist who would make a mark. Rest In Power, Ms Shange...
    and thank you...