[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Horton solo

I know for time in the 80's and 90's, Gladys Horton did some touring. Does anyone know what she performed? Marvelettes hits I assume, but did she include "Fish" and "Bill" which Wanda sang lead on?

I saw her in 1992. She did most of the hits including TOO MANY FISH IN THE SEA, which she sang lead on. The only Wanda lead I recall her singing was DON'T MESS WITH BILL. I also remember her adding a reggae ending to PLEASE MR. POSTMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I saw her in 1992. She did most of the hits including TOO MANY FISH IN THE SEA, which she sang lead on. The only Wanda lead I recall her singing was DON'T MESS WITH BILL. I also remember her adding a reggae ending to PLEASE MR. POSTMAN.
    Ditto here. When it comes to Marvelettes, your average oldies concert-goers remember, primarily, “Postman” and “Bill,” and, to a lesser extent, “Hunter” and “Too Many Fish”. Gladys did “Bill” just fine when I saw her, although she didn’t sound a bit like Wanda. I don’t recall her doing “Hunter.” I suppose that really required Wanda’s voice to go over. She wore rather outlandish outfits: fringed outfits and gloves, fishnet hose, and so forth. During that period she looked younger than her years, though, so she was able to pull it off, but I thought it detracted from the "Original Lead Singer of The Marvelettes," which was how she was billed. She was very accessible to fans, and very nice.
    Last edited by BigAl; 10-26-2018 at 07:57 PM.