[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I notice that the composers of Suzee Ikeda's "Tell Me How I'm Gonna Make It" are unknown.

Does anyone else think that it sounds like a Kay and Helen Lewis composition?
    I like her version - but wouldn't it sound great done by The Supremes at that time?

IMHO the best of the 9 Blinky tracks is "Mind" ! It is an outstanding track, it sounds not tipical like a Motown Sound 1968, it reminds me more on the soulful side of Motown like Brenda Holloway and her Ed Cobb composition. Sadly the track is very short, but we have for a few seconds "The Blinky Supremes" at the end of the song, what a great idea, it sounds fantastic and amazing, simply Blinky have a great voice.

"Psychologically" is my favorite Terry Johnson and Theresa Botial track, maybe I asked this question the second time, was this an idea of Motown to continue with a Marvin and Tammi thing ? I know that Motown try it with Edwin Starr and Blinky, isnīt it ?

The Version of "I second that emotion" by the Utopians is very soulful, sadly to much soulful for Motown. When I hear the song it reminds me of Stax stuff or The Ikettes !
    Itīs a mixed vocal group, maybe someone can give me the names of the line-up again ?

Finally I like the duet with Chuck and Yvonne these voices sounded very amazing and breathless together, there are more duets in the faults or only these two ?
    David Ruffin and Ivy Jo Hunter sounds very good together too, this track is for me personally The Motown Sound 1968 !

It's a great deal of mystery around "I Can Feel The Pain". I'm sure no one expected it's discovery or inclusion. There's supposed to be a version by The Temptations that was completed in 1967,but didn't surface on MU1967. Surprisingly, it showed up here on David Ruffin with Ivy Jo in tow which makes it confusing. Is this a solo track mistaken as a Tempts track at a distance or what? I can't see Keith utilizing this version and passing on "the other one". Quite a few of us were expecting it, but didn't question why it didn't emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullfillingnessfirstfinale View Post
    "Psychologically" is my favorite Terry Johnson and Theresa Botial track, maybe I asked this question the second time, was this an idea of Motown to continue with a Marvin and Tammi thing ? I know that Motown try it with Edwin Starr and Blinky, isnīt it ?
    I thought I read that was their intention, but these recordings are proof nothing stellar came from these sessions or that anything could have been successful. None of those tracks could have charted. Theresa is a demo singer at best. Motown probably realized it wasn't worth investing in and moved on. They really should have focused in on Chuck Jackson and Yvonne Fair. I love their "It Must Be Love" track. There was something that was different from Marvin & Tammi, but had great energy.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 01-04-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motown01 View Post
    I like her version - but wouldn't it sound great done by The Supremes at that time?
    Listening to it again, you're right! I can totally hear Diana singing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    It's a great deal of mystery around "I Can Feel The Pain". I'm sure no one expected it's discovery or inclusion. There's supposed to be a version by The Temptations that was completed in 1967,but didn't surface on MU1967. Surprisingly, it showed up here on David Ruffin with Ivy Jo in tow which makes it confusing. Is this a solo track mistaken as a Tempts track at a distance or what? I can't see Keith utilizing this version and passing on "the other one". Quite a few of us were expecting it, but didn't question why it didn't emerge.
    I actually believe the IJH - Ruffin version to be the one documented as by the Temptations - surely it's more than likely that IJH was helping out here on a demo for the group and that DR nor the rest of the guys ever added a full vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    I actually believe the IJH - Ruffin version to be the one documented as by the Temptations - surely it's more than likely that IJH was helping out here on a demo for the group and that DR nor the rest of the guys ever added a full vocal.
    Ironically looks like David's vocal was recorded around 4 months after he left the group.

It was a pleasant surprise that Martha's "Sweet Soul Music" is in stereo.