I’m currently listening to the 1994 Spectrum cd on the Spinners “Sweet Soul Music”. Out of its 15 tracks, 4 are of particular interest imo.

I must have a senior moment but I just can’t remember where the versions of “It’s a Shame” and “Together we can make such sweet music” found on that cd first appeared on.

“Shame” is not an alternate per se, but the intro is clean, without the tape damage -echo- heard on all releases of “2ND TIME AROUND” including the fantastic ACE 2018 cd. This clean sounding version has appeared on many cd releases, and some much sooner than 1994. But I’m unable to find when and where it first appeared on.

As for “Together we Can Make such Sweet Music”, the version used is that of THE BEST OF THE SPINNERS lp - drums buried in the mix and no sung bridge. Why has this alternate version - compared to the one on the2ND TIME AROUND lp- been substituted to the album version on the group’s best of?

The Spectrum cd is btw the only SPINNERS cd that contain “Message From a Black Man” [[single)

It also contains the common version of “We’ll Have it Made”. Why on earth do we have that awful mock stereo mix? Could it be the same Stevie Wonder who did the large spectrum mix of “We Can Work it out” who did this only a few months apart? ...

JB