[REMOVE ADS]

What Motown song does this sound like!?

Took me about 57 seconds to work out which Motown song this sounds like. I almost went mad trying to work it out. See how long it takes you. [[A lot less probably )

The album this is from is brand new by the way. Who said soul music was dead?

[QUOTE=TomatoTom123;485531]

Right off I got it. It is Love is Like An Itching In My Heart . However there is a little bit of Nowhere To Run included

Hey well done Zantellor!! You got it!!!! The intro made my ears do a double take when I first heard it. I'll have to listen again for "Nowhere To Run".

I do hear "Itchin'" but I also hear "Uptight". Funny how we all hear something similar.....and different!

I hope any legal issues have been worked out.

It's a direct lift of "Itchin' ". I don't hear "NowhereTo Run" or "Uptight".

I first thought of "Uptight" Another listen and it is Itching in my heart.

I can't hear any other songs, because of "Itching" being so prominent! It's like a slightly sped up version. I'm glad you guys can hear it too!

The intro is a direct lift from "Itching", so it took me about two seconds to spot the similarity

Another 2018 release that has a distinct Motown influence [[albeit from a slightly later era) is this one ... when I first heard it my first thoughts were "mercy mercy me, what IS going on" ....

Roger

'Itching' is running all the way through it!

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    The intro is a direct lift from "Itching", so it took me about two seconds to spot the similarity

Another 2018 release that has a distinct Motown influence [[albeit from a slightly later era) is this one ... when I first heard it my first thoughts were "mercy mercy me, what IS going on" ....

Roger

Indeed, what is going on!

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post

Roger

Oh that's a NICE tune! I hear "Mercy Mercy Me" there too. Thanks Roger for that one.