[REMOVE ADS]

Freddie mercury movie

This has the chance to be fantastic or another ambitious swing and miss. I'm typically not a fan of bio-pics because you can't illustrate 30-80 years of a life in two hours or less without leaving out most of the real story. I thought that "Ray" and "Walk The Line" were two of the best because they dealt honestly with the subjects' failures and shortcomings. "I Feel Good" and everything on Lifetime and BET have been less than impressive, IMO.

I'm looking forward to this movie because Queen were one of the most unique bands ever and I hope it rises to the challenge. The movie that they're making about Elton John looks like it's going to lay an egg, though.

And there's a soundtrack album available from the movie as well:
    Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody: The Original Soundtrack" [[Hollywood)

Tracklist
    1. 20th Century Fox Fanfare
    2. Somebody To Love [[2011 Remaster)
    3. Doing All Right... revisited [[Performed by Smile)
    4. Keep Yourself Alive [[Live At The Rainbow)
    5. Killer Queen [[2011 Remaster)
    6. Fat Bottomed Girls [[Live In Paris)
    7. Bohemian Rhapsody [[2011 Remaster)
    8. Now I'm Here [[Live At Hammersmith Odeon)
    9. Crazy Little Thing Called Love [[2011 Remaster)
    10. Love Of My Life [[Rock In Rio)
    11. We Will Rock You [[Movie Mix)
    12. Another One Bites The Dust [[2011 Remaster)
    13. I Want To Break Free
    14. Under Pressure [[Performed by Queen & David Bowie)
    15. Who Wants To Live Forever [[2011 Remaster)
    16. Bohemian Rhapsody [[Live Aid)
    17. Radio Ga Ga [[2018 Remaster) [[Live Aid)
    18. Ay-Oh [[2018 Remaster) [[Live Aid)
    19. Hammer To Fall [[2018 Remaster) [[Live Aid)
    20. We Are The Champions [[2018 Remaster) [[Live Aid)
    21. Don't Stop Me Now… revisited
    22. The Show Must Go On [[2011 Remaster)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRVBTTT/?tag=imwan-20

The film was directed by a child molester, I wouldn't watch it just on that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    The film was directed by a child molester, I wouldn't watch it just on that purpose.
    Same here, and I'm pissed about it because this looks like its going to be so good. And I'm certain Rami Malek is going to make an excellent Freddie Mercury. But there is too much smoke around Bryan Singer for my comfort level.

Rami's getting a lot of Oscar talk, I heard.

I saw the movie the other day and thought it was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by rrussi View Post
    I saw the movie the other day and thought it was really good.
    I streamed it the other day as well, it is good. Probably will get a few nominations.

I was never a fan of Queen, and always thought "Another One Bites The Dust" had a baseline ripoff from a Chic recording. "John Deacon’s Bass line on “Another One Bites the Dust” [[released 1980) is a pretty blatant rip-off of Bernard Edwards’ line on “Good Times” by Chic [[‘79)." That said, I saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" on the big screen this past weekend and I was blown away. I had previously seen Rami Malek in the remake of "Papillon" and I foresee a fantastic film career for this actor.
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 11-20-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I streamed it the other day as well, it is good. Probably will get a few nominations.
    How did you stream it? Where can I stream it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    I was never a fan of Queen, and always thought "Another One Bites The Dust" had a baseline ripoff from a Chic recording. "John Deacon’s Bass line on “Another One Bites the Dust” [[released 1980) is a pretty blatant rip-off of Bernard Edwards’ line on “Good Times” by Chic [[‘79)." That said, I saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" on the big screen this past weekend and I was blown away. I had previously seen Rami Malek in the remake of "Papillon" and I foresee a fantastic film career for this actor.
    I remember the controversies over that and the Sugar Hill Gang's use of the same bassline for "Rapper's Delight" in 1979 the year Chic's "Good Times" was released.

Nile was more pissed with Sylvia Robinson stealing the bass line from A Rapper's Delight than John Deacon emulating Bernard in AOBTD.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Nile was more pissed with Sylvia Robinson stealing the bass line from A Rapper's Delight than John Deacon emulating Bernard in AOBTD.
    Nile used a lot of drugs.......

Saw the film last week. Very well done, didn't really go into Freddies days of struggling with his AIDS...Started and ended with Live Aid. The film does allude to John Deacon claiming full authorship to the song AOBTD however in real life, it's pretty well known that Deacon visited Edwards in the studio shortly after Good Times was released and accepted that the bassline to AOBTD was "inspired" by Edwards and Good Times... It was also glossed over that Mercury was pretty much convinced by Michael Jackson to take a shot at the Disco charts...

I watched this on blu-ray last night and was extremely disappointed. Rami Malek's depiction of Freddie was utterly unconvincing and the whole treatment was extremely inaccurate and superficial. The only thing that saved this wig & teeth show was the amazing music.