[REMOVE ADS]

Temptations musical headed for Broadway

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-dates-1148651

If this is successful, hope they make a Marvin musical there soon.

There actually already was a "kind of" musical about Marvin Gaye on Broadway at the Beacon Theatre about five years ago called MY BROTHER MARVIN. It was written by Marvin's sister. While the play did have music in it, none of it was Marvin's music.

Before the play began, Marvin's sister came out and talked about the play and why Marvin's music could not be included. I cannot remember the legal reason why.

I do remember saying that since they could not have used Marvin's music, the play would have stood up very well as a straight play rather than filling it in with other singer's songs. I think I remember some Jackie Wilson songs in it.

I saw the temptations play in LA and it was amazing, the cast, the guys who played the Temps and the girls who played the Supremes were all real good. What a great musical. I wish Id seen 5 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    There actually already was a "kind of" musical about Marvin Gaye on Broadway at the Beacon Theatre about five years ago called MY BROTHER MARVIN. It was written by Marvin's sister. While the play did have music in it, none of it was Marvin's music.

Before the play began, Marvin's sister came out and talked about the play and why Marvin's music could not be included. I cannot remember the legal reason why.

I do remember saying that since they could not have used Marvin's music, the play would have stood up very well as a straight play rather than filling it in with other singer's songs. I think I remember some Jackie Wilson songs in it.
    I remembered. That's why I said that I hope there's one that Motown/Universal/Sony ATV and/or Berry Gordy would accept.