[REMOVE ADS]

Remembering Levi Stubbs.....10 Years Later......

Ten years ago today we lost one of the greatest singers to ever step in front of a microphone in Levi Stubbs, legendary lead singer of The Four Tops. Levi for 46 years touched the minds, hearts, and soul of many generations. Levi Stubbs was the perfect example of what a lead singer should be. On any given song Levi could be forceful, demanding, touching, and sensitive either at once or all at the same time. Most of us were lucky/blessed to live in generations where were touched by the glorious voice of Levi Stubbs where he was singing Motown classics such as I Can't Help Myself, Reach Out I'll Be There, Same Old Song, Baby I Need Your Loving, Still Water [[Peace and Love). It may have been the 70's when you fell in love with the voice of Levi on such classics as Ain't No Woman Like The One I've Got, Love Is The Answer, Sweet Understanding Love, Keeper Of The Castle, Midnight Flower and so fourth and so on. You may have become a fan in the 80's when they recorded the legendary songs such as When She Was My Girl, Loco In Acapulco, the ORIGIANAL version of I Believe In You And Me, and so fourth a so on. Maybe it was the voice of Audrey II from Little Shop Of Horrors that made you laugh and made you a fan of the movie. Whatever it was that made you a fan that indomitable voice grabbed you and touched you and made you a fan for life.

I would like to thank the family of Levi Stubbs for sharing him with us all these years. I know it wasn't easy, but please know your sacrifice is loved and appreciated.

Thank you Levi.....we love you and miss you....Ten years later.....and Fourever

T.L. Harris

Thank you for the reminder and the memories of one of my Motown heroes. I can't believe it's been a decade. I remember him each time I hear his voice, which is practically each day.

Speaking of Levi, there was a question on Jeopardy last week that was about Little Shop of Horrors. Levi was mentioned in the answer by his first and last name.

One of the all time greats indeed,if you want soul that will put a tear in your eyes just listen to one verse from the four tops classic[shake me wake me]..as the tears creep down my face,i can't believe i've been replaced, levi at his soul stirring best!

Wonderful tribute tl, thank you.

Rest in peace Bub. I'll always remember you.

When the great Levi passed 10 years ago, a little inside humour was on the net.

"Move over David, the real lead singer is here."

edafan

Such a fitting Tribute, to a real Gentleman, full of True Talent, it does not seem 10 years since I received that sad call from Detroit, from the first time I interviewed Levi when they visited the UK we became close friends, still miss him, but what a Legacy he left us, his Vocal will live on Forever! Thanks Levi! x