[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The single, "Floy Joy" was released in December 1971.
    yep - by that time it seems the idea of Promises Kept was being put on the back burner. out of all material recorded in 71, i think Floy Joy was among the strongest. But also thing Tears Left Over was a hot track. but i do agree that a lot of the PK material is only ok at best. i don't think assembling a bunch of the random tracks and stuffing them into an lp would be have been a wise decision. not after the excellent previous 3 lps.

Perhaps you could have cobbled something together using:

Tears left over
    Love the one you're with
    Can't get you out of my mind
    make it with you
    take your dreams back
    All i need
    mind body and soul
    i'll let him know i love him
    never can say goodbye
    and i thought you loved me

FJ [[the song) was recorded in October, around the same time as a bunch of the other PK songs. i guess they were just experimenting with producers and out of the collection of songs, FJ seemed the strongest. so it was released in Dec. once it started to hit, they went back into studio and recorded the rest of the lp material in Jan and Feb

seemed like a long time for the Floy Joy lp to come out. May 72
    .i do like some of the PK tracks, Tears Left Over, Remote Control, and there are some gems from the Right On sessions.
    always thought Life Beats was really good.

i'm guessing because of the change with Cindy to Lynda. All of the recording was done by late Feb/early March. so you're right. typically it would have been ready by late March or April. but that was right when they were auditioning Lynda. so they would have needed to get her in place, do a new photo shoot, etc

also this was exactly right at the time of the final move from Detroit to LA so the offices would have been in chaos for a week or two.

Floy Joy the album wasn’t late if you compare the other releases with their lead off sungle

the group had started to sudder when diana was in the group in 1968, some unusual ,under the caliber singles were released. this seem to follow a pattern for diana in her solo years and for the supremes.
    why would they release Everybodys got the right, doesn't have a Motown feel to it. good lp cut but not a single. to many good cuts from Right On .and even more gems in the vaults from these sessions ...and they should have really promoted that lp with more singles, and kept SL and New Ways until 1971. I wasn't into the duets with the 4 tops, a few gems but mostly below par .

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Floy Joy the album wasn’t late if you compare the other releases with their lead off sungle
    it just seems like a long gap between the led song n the lp. there seem to be little pr on this until the last single