[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph - any memories on artists you'd have love to worked with?

Ralph - loved hearing your thoughts on the potential with Martha on MoWest and what you might have been able to do

through the years were there other missed opportunities? artists you wanted to work with but were tied up with another group or somehow didn't come to fruition? or maybe artists you tried to work with on a concept but a different producer had them at the time?

thanks!

sup-fan.I think my one big regret is not finishing work with the band My Friends. Exceptionally talented group of guys, but differences in personalities sunk the project. I have been recently in touch with Harry Weinger trying to get a release of a particular track "Revolution". I offered to buy the rights to the song from Universal and put it out on Tera Shirma. Things looked promising for a bit until Harry seemed to back off. Not sure what happened.

The My Friends album is available on CD. I have it from Big Pink in South Korea [[as are also several other Rare Earth and Natural Resources label albums).

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    The My Friends album is available on CD. I have it from Big Pink in South Korea [[as are also several other Rare Earth and Natural Resources label albums).
    That's TWO FRIENDS that you're thinking of. Ralph was referring to MY FRIENDS.

Thanks for the correction, John. That one caught me by surprise.

A single was released[["I'm An Easy Rider). I'm not sure why. Maybe "Revolution" was completed at that time, but the rest of the project was not.

"I'm An Easy Rider" by My Friends. https://youtu.be/VXIOwPyDhdQ

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    That's TWO FRIENDS that you're thinking of. Ralph was referring to MY FRIENDS.
    Yes I do get confused [[it's an age thing [[but Two Friends was a lovely album as well).

Will any Rare Earth label material appear in any of the later Motown Unreleased sets do you think Ralph?

I'm not sure, Mystery. I know there was quite a number of British acts being brought into the label, so there should be quite a cache of unreleased material.