[REMOVE ADS]

Additional photos of Supremes in Hamburg

I thought forum members might be interested to see these additional photos [[which are new to me) of the photoshoot of the Supremes in Hamburg in 1965. The date is incorrectly stated as 1964. Fans will be familiar with their photos in the long black gowns which were probably taken at the Atlantic hotel where they stayed when appearing on German tv during the European tour in 1965.

https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/...s-germany-1964

These shots were taken by a Norbert Unfried and appeared on an auction site some time last year and sold for a very reasonable price. I'd be interested to know if forum members are able to identify the gentleman with them at the piano. There is a similarlity to Werner Scharfenberger who coached them in singing the German lyrics to their songs, but perhaps looks a bit younger in this photo.

Thanks for the pics. There is another thread here from five years ago.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...965-a-question

The first time that I saw the Supremes was in Germany in 1965. I remember that I had seen them in Frankfurt, but maybe it was Hamburg. [[That German beer can make you forget things )

I did do a search to see if they were in Frankfurt but could not find anything. Also, I dont remember it as a revue, but just the Supremes.

One thing I do remember is being extremely excited about seeing the group. It was my first of many times seeing them live. Being in the army was not a choice [[I was drafted and did not have foot spurs as an excuse like some people)

Waiting for the almost monthly releases by the Supremes was one of my army highlights. And spending quarters on jukeboxes was also a joy. While I made the best of my obligatory draft service, I found many things about it that were actually enjoyable. Having constant music releases by the Supremes was one of them

Wait. They were on German TV in 65?

I only know there was a TV special filmed in 68 called "The Happenig" it was filmed in colour and 90 minutes long.
    It was shown on TV in 68 and 69 a few times.

I've seen only a little part of it.

Yes, they appeared on a show called musik aus studio B on 5th April '65.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musik_aus_Studio_B