[REMOVE ADS]

Tina Turner reveals her husband gave her his kidney for transplant saving her life

Tina Turner: My Husband Saved My Life

In her upcoming autobiography, Tina Turner revealed that her husband gave her one of his kidneys for her kidney transplant.

Turner, 78, says that she has suffered from kidney disease, and that her kidneys were at “20 percent and plunging rapidly” by 2016, according to excerpts of “Tina Turner: My Love Story” released Saturday by publisher Penguin, The Associated Press reports.

Her husband, Erwin Bach, “shocked me by saying that he wanted to give me one of his kidneys.” Turner says she was “overwhelmed by the enormity of his offer.”

Her health issues have not stopped her from doing other things. Tina, a musical based on the life and music of Tina Turner, will make its Broadway debut in Fall 2019, according to The Rolling Stone.

For now, it is playing at the Aldwych Theatre in London’s West End.

“Bringing this musical to life on stage and working with this team has meant so much to me,” Turner, who co-produced the musical, said in a statement viewed by AP.

“I feel that it is in many ways a culmination of my career. London audiences have been and continue to be extraordinary. Now, the bright lights of Broadway are calling, and I’m very excited to share this beautiful show with New York audiences next year.”

Casting, performance dates and the Manhattan theatre where it will be based will be announced at a later date.

Turner has been semi-retired from music and has not released a full-length album since 1999, according to Rolling Stone. Her last live tour was her 2008-2009 50th Anniversary Tour.

SOURCE: https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/tin...ife-1829572442

----
    That's such a beautiful thing for Erwin to do for Tina!

She has certainly had a rough couple of years recently, with these health issues and the suicide of her son. Nice to hear that the musical about her life is headed for Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    She has certainly had a rough couple of years recently, with these health issues and the suicide of her son. Nice to hear that the musical about her life is headed for Broadway.
    Yes. I look forward, though with trepidation, to the new book. Be well, Tina! We love you!

I've just heard about Tina Turner's upcoming book, the Broadway play & her health issues. Thank goodness she was to get a kidney transplant from her husband Erwin Bach.