[REMOVE ADS]

DIANA ROSS' Incredible Show in Ottawa at the NAC Gala!

Ms Ross was absolutely incredible tonight at the NAC Gala with a 50+ piece orchestra and 28 member choir! She was in very strong voice...the best I've heard her sound in years! She was in great spirits, other than a few moments where she seemed displeased with the sound. She performed many of her standard hits that she normally performs in her shows, sprinkled with quite a few songs that I have not heard her perform in person before, such as It's My Turn [[which brought on some tears!), If We Hold On Together, Endless Love, Home [[from the Wiz), and He Lives In You. The orchestra and choir were fabulous! During one of her four dazzling costume changes, they did the opening overture of Lady Sings the Blues, when Billie gets booked into jail. Hearing those frantic strings during that number was a nice treat for us super fans! After hearing her voice in top form this evening, I really hope we can see a new album from her soon. It's been a 12 year wait, far too long! A magical night to remember! 😀

Unfortunately the ushers were very strict with cell phones and cameras, so I didn't get much in terms of photos and videos. I did get some audio, which I will be uploading to YouTube in the coming days. Here is her very moving performance of Home from last night...

https://youtu.be/hReOX35__98

Oops, my post should have said 'last night's' show.

Wow truly amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. I love this.

Nice to hear that you had a good time. It is great to read all of these positive reviews.

Thanks guys! Here are a couple more audios I uploaded...

He Lives In You

https://youtu.be/C2oJVIk7ov8

Endless Love

https://youtu.be/5uEYj39gTBw

This sounds like a memorable EVENT! First time in Ottowa in decades and she seemed wowed by her elaborate back up.
    Must be very gratifying for Diana Ross.
    When you're on the tail end of a long career how great to still be performing at this level.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 10-04-2018 at 04:52 PM.

She was perfect during "Home"! WOW!
    She have to record a new album! Or at least, a new live album!

Really good videos s Carlo

Incredible Globe and Mail review

Great versions of Home and Endless Love

From all reports this sounds like one of the best concerts Diana has performed in years and particularly pleasing she included a few little used songs.

Personally, I don't think we'll ever see Diana perform live again in the UK but we can always live in hope.

Very nice revue, Carlo. Thank you. I missed her last few shows because they were becoming repetitive and she had scaled down her band to just a few pieces. I guess I became spoiled after I saw her a few years ago with full orchrestra with strings and horns and in full voice.

But from the latest reviews I am reading, she is now singing different songs, and even speaks to the audiene.

It is nice to see that she coninues to be so popular and is still in good voice

Our Miss Ross. An American treasure. Nice to see she was so warmly received in Canada. Consider the lady's performance our apology for the actions of our 'president'.

Diana Ross' "He Lives in You" is a special song treat to hear in concert.

Nice that she is in good voice and still receiving those encouraging reviews.
    I always thought the haunting, atmospheric “He Lives In You” would make for a brilliant show opener as a change to “I’m Coming Out.
    Is it my imagination or is “Endless Love” drifting back slightly to the duet arrangement?. I enjoyed this version much more then I usually do.

"He Lives in You" should be in every Diana Ross concert. Thus tune is a showstopper and so hypnotic. Oh my...!