[REMOVE ADS]

Syreeta "Spinnin' & Spinnin' "

Must have been posted before so apologies if so....

The full version is so mystical:

Syreeta was such a rare gem and talent.

First time I've seen this clip of Syreeta doing "Spinning & Spinning" [[one of my favorite tracks from Stevie Wonder Presents Syreeta). Thanks for sharing Mysterysinger.

I'm not a Syreeta fan, but I love this song and the Stevie Presents album. Fantastic stuff.

It is great as an album track, but it never should have been released as a single.

Listened to this a while back but forgot to comment... I like it, but can't quite get into it because it's erm, quite weird? The end especially...

I only became aware of this track because it was released as a single, so I’m glad that it got a 7” release. The single did, however, fade before the weirdness begins.

l also sometimes view these tracks as “Stevie Wonder makes sure that everyone knows that he’s the man behind Syreeta.” and perhaps that adversely affected Syreeta’s chances as a solo artist. How can she really make it alone when it’s so clear that Stevie composes, produces, plays and sings on most of the tracks? In 2018 this would be Steve-I-Won feat. Syree W. or similar.

In 1980 I saw Stevie live at Wembley Arena. It was a great gig and one of the song’s that he performed was “Let’s Get Serious.” This rocking performance showed clearly that Jermaine Jackson was also very much a sideman on his own hit single. Perhaps Jermaine knew this as he seemed very self-conscious and far from outgoing at his own London press reception around that time.
    Last edited by Sotosound; 09-28-2018 at 10:54 AM.

The weird thing is why she would take her handbag with her on her TV performance.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    The weird thing is why she would take her handbag with her on her TV performance.
    I don’t think that it’s real. It doesn’t look like it weighs a ton because it contains most of a woman’s worldly possession like real ones do.

Syreeta swings it around with gay abandon whereas if it were real she’d have swung herself off stage like forgetting to let go of a hammer in the Olympics.

It was part of the performance, I think.

The song is basically about a woman who dreams of going to a circus to "meet a man who will shower me with gifts and love" and she's so in love [[hence spinning and spinning around) that she doesn't wanna come down.

The ending with her and Stevie had Stevie playing the charmer [["I got money").