[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Live in Concert!

The Concert in Kiev! I asked the US Embassy in Kyiv if they would be so kind as to post more of Mary's concert there from earlier this month and they did! It is basically a composite of the show. Enjoy!

Thanks, Marv. Much appreciated.

You are very welcome Ralph! Someone we both know has a BIG milestone birthday coming up on February 19, 2011. I'll email you the details you have not already guessed!

Marv

Hi Marv:
    Thanks for posting! Mary is certainly a true survivor in spite all that has happened to her. She has been aptly rewarded for being a wonderful human being.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Hi Marv:
    Thanks for posting! Mary is certainly a true survivor in spite all that has happened to her. She has been aptly rewarded for being a wonderful human being.
    You're welcome Jon. That's what's really important in life when you think about it.

Great video.

topdiva1 Guest
    Great video - Mary Wilson is a great star and an international icon. Remember that.

Does Mary's voice just keep getting better- it has so much feeling and emotion

topdiva1 Guest
    Having been put through hell and high water - Mary Wilson wisely uses her life experiences when she performs a song - using emotion - and life lessons to breath life into the lyrics.

Mary's vocals are supreme in this video [[as always)! I love when she opens with "Coming Out of the Dark"...it's my favourite. I like her version better than Gloria's. Hearing it in this video was a real treat.

topdiva1 Guest
    This is really great - and shows just how loved Maru Wilson remains throughout the world. She is just fabulous here. Giving us pure voice without all the gimmicks of todays singers.

Thanks for posting Marv 2

You are welcome. I really hope to see the full, unedited version of this concert. Mary sounds so, so very good.

topdiva1 Guest
    This would be really great for Mary Wilson to release this full concert on DVD, The Ross girl fans would go crazy. ANd no doubt Ross will release her recent and current tour.

Why do they dislike Mary so much. If Diana Ross where to embrace Mary Wilson as a friend the Ross fans would all do the same.

Mindless sisses.

Mary Wilson must be the most famous background singer in the world from any group of the sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    This would be really great for Mary Wilson to release this full concert on DVD, The Ross girl fans would go crazy. ANd no doubt Ross will release her recent and current tour.

Why do they dislike Mary so much. If Diana Ross where to embrace Mary Wilson as a friend the Ross fans would all do the same.

Mindless sisses.
    "Mindless sissies"

Must you be so offensive topdiva?

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Mary Wilson must be the most famous background singer in the world from any group of the sixties.
    But Stephanie, she is not a background singer. True, she was assigned that position by Berry and she did it very well. She was always a vocalist from the beginning.

Good point Marv-she stopped performing as solely a background singer in 1973.[[with some exceptions before that.)

Thanks Luke. The truth is, Mary Wilson sang lead on one of the Primettes first recordings in 1959:

Oh I meant no disrespect towards Mary ..Marv. She is first and foremost a vocalist but wow she is or has to be one of the most famous background singers [[because she was relegated to that spot in the Ross days) in the world. I dont think of her that way but those who concentrate on the 60s Supremes and not the 70s think of her that way.

topdiva1 Guest
    Perhaps one of the unsettled things about The Supremes - is that in fact they were all lead singers. Motown came upon a hit making line -up of these lead singers that made millions, yet caused many problems within The Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Oh I meant no disrespect towards Mary ..Marv. She is first and foremost a vocalist but wow she is or has to be one of the most famous background singers [[because she was relegated to that spot in the Ross days) in the world. I dont think of her that way but those who concentrate on the 60s Supremes and not the 70s think of her that way.
    I understand what you meant Stephanie. I just look at the totality of her career, the 50 years and the majority of it has been fronting her own show. But yes during their peak she sang backup and there are hardly ANY performers from the 60's that can still headline around the World today. Mary can! WOW!