[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    The UK group "The Real Thing" are releasing a documentary soon... that would be good to watch
    Was this ever released?

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I totally agree with any mention of two acts already mentioned on this thread:
    Brenda and the Tabulations and New Birth. I might be interested in a couple pages on some
    of the others but as far as Brenda and New Birth I want a book...Backtracking a sec,
    I'd add Jean Carne but as her story is still unfolding in this time, she and her ex Doug
    reconciled a couple of years ago, so I doubt Unsung would dare to write a tale still
    being told...
    I couldn't agree with you more regarding Brenda & The Tabs, Splanky. So many beautiful records -- many of which were Van McCoy-related, no less -- yet they remain, sadly, buried in the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Tavares.

Top suggestion.

I know they are more jazz/world music than soul but should Hugh Masekela and Manu Dibango have an unsung episode?

Richard Pryor is hardly unsung

But I feel his TV shows are

I’d love an episode of unsung Hollywood on both his short lived (4 episodes) sketch comedy show - precursor to in living color

And Pryors Place his tv show for children

Double Exposure, First Choice, Mary Wilson, En Vogue, Patti Labelle and the Bluebelles, Bettye Lavette, George Benson, Dee Dee Sharp, The Intruders, The Sweet Inspirations, and the Three Degrees need Unsung episodes, in my humble opinion. PS. Add Roberta Flack to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimal Saint View Post
    Richard Pryor is hardly unsung

But I feel his TV shows are

I’d love an episode of unsung Hollywood on both his short lived (4 episodes) sketch comedy show - precursor to in living color

And Pryors Place his tv show for children
    I would have to slightly disagree with that one Saint. There are quite a few millennials and Gen Zs who have never even heard of Richard Pryor. I’ve had to to explain to many of my contemporaries who he was upon referencing him.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I would have to slightly disagree with that one Saint. There are quite a few millennials and Gen Zs who have never even heard of Richard Pryor. I’ve had to to explain to many of my contemporaries who he was upon referencing him.
    That is sad and disturbing

‘Never even heard of Richard Pryor?’

How is that possible? It would be like never even hearing of Muhammad Ali

Does Grace Jones need an Unsung?