[REMOVE ADS]

Tuesday Night AGT Finals-Did I Catch a Missed Lyric?

I am sure we have some fans on here and Wednesday night the winner will be announced live. For those of you who have watched, you are aware that the guy who sang last tonight, Michael Ketterer, has been Simon's pick all season, but it seems to be more about his character as a foster father than about his talent.

Tonight he did "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," and I thought I caught a flub in the lyric. Unfortunately I did not tape it so I can't go back and check, but on the first chorus I thought he sang "Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Ain't No River Low Enough," [[instead of valley,) and then went on to correctly sing the third line as "Ain't No River Wide Enough."

Did anyone else catch that or does anyone have it on tape so that you could double check it? Whether or not he sang it correctly, I still think he will win, although I thought the comedienne Vicki was just amazing tonight. But heck, let's face it, all ten acts were pretty darn good!

Is he toward last?
    If so it hasn't played here yet.
    I will pay attention.

Look forward to his performance of it too!

Oh I see you said he is last.

Please do let me know. Yes he was the last to perform and the mistake I thought I heard was on his first run through the chorus.

It is on youtube already and yes, he did sing it wrong. Go check it out. It is in the first "sung" part of the chorus, not the very early spoken part.

You were right.
    Ha ha even the closed caption showed it wrong.

Disappointed in this performance cause I like this guy and his voice. But he stripped the song of its joyousness. He sounded creepy , like a stalker. Imo.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-19-2018 at 01:11 AM.

What did you think Daviddesper?

Everyone on that show has a "story." It is almost as if it is a requirement to be on there. In his case, his story is being a foster father and such a stand-up dude. They have accentuated that so much on the show that you hardly notice that he is simply not THAT good a singer.

Oh he is OK I suppose but the opera singer on the show and the single mom are both MUCH better vocalists. I would even take the screaming teenager over Michael because she at least has a style.

But Simon likes this guy and for that reason I will not be surprised if he wins or finishes at least in the top 2 or 3. As I said before I like the trailer park comic, but I would also be happy with the violinist winning or the acrobatic group.

The only one in the top ten that I just do not care for is the other comic. Yes, he has his story and he should be proud to have accepted and overcome his disability, but his routine is simply NOT funny.

We will know in about 12 hours.........

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I thought he sang "Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Ain't No River Low Enough," [[instead of valley,) and then went on to correctly sing the third line as "Ain't No River Wide Enough."
    WHAT!? Disgusting! For this heinous act the so-called "singer" should be forcibly removed from the show immediately. Honestly. How dare he mess up Nick & Val's masterpiece!?

I won't spoil it right now since some people might not have watched the results show, but we now know how he and the others fared.

this is how not to sing AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN if you want to win a talent contest:

I think the voters finally wised up and realized that Simon was praising him over and over again because he was such a fine upstanding citizen and father to all those kids and that he simply was NOT that good a singer. In my opinion, he finished about where he should have.

The best singer was our dutch pride Glennis Grace Pity her version of Run was a bit too strong/loud for my liking. But her version of A Woman's Work last week was really good.
    She had hopes to do a duet with Maxwell in the finals but instead she got Bebe Rexha wich she blew away