[REMOVE ADS]

66 Motown tracks for about $7

In case you've missed it, a 3 CD set of 66 classic rarer Motown tracks is released in the next week or so.
    Surprised there is hardly any interest from members on here...[[or should I be?)
    Check the thread about Essential Motown

Haven’t all of these 66 tracks been previously released on other collections? Hard to get excited over a release that consists entirely of tracks you already own, IMO. Nothing “new” to ‘sweeten the pot,’ so to speak.

Not everybody owns them. If you have them all then it won't appeal to you.

I have them all but not in this order So cheap it would be a sin to say no.

Just out of curiosity, how many forum members from the USA have bought this CD?

I plan on ordering this in the near future. I have all these tunes, but I'd like to know if there's any remastering and what audio sources were used. Don't mind buying it as long as the listening experience is a little different.

My copy arrived a day or so ago and it will be my "traveling music" for the weekend.

You'd have to be a total and utter Motown completist to already own physical copies of all 66 tracks on this collection.

The copy I ordered turned up about 10 days back and about 5 of the recordings were new to me ... the J.J. Barnes track [[which had only previously been released on a rather pricy limited edition 7" single), two Temptations tracks which had been first released on their "Emperors Of Soul" CD collection [[a release I have never owned) and a couple of others that had somehow escaped my dragnet. To my way of thinking paying £5 [[about $7) for five "new" Motown instant classics was a bargain so there was no way I was going to let this collection pass me by!!

The collection was compiled by Richard Searling [[always a guarantee of good quality music) and, as he pointed out on his Radio Show last weekend, is largely based around the tracks that have appeared on limited edition UK 7" singles over the past few years and is therefore an ideal opportunity for people to own these treasures at a bargain price.

The collection crashed into the UK "Compilation" chart at #5 last week, though this week it is down to #10 ... http://www.officialcharts.com/charts...lations-chart/

Roger

I need to check on the J.J. Barnes .... I may already have it.
    All the others I do have on various sets previously issued.
    For the price, it's nice to have a selection of tracks that are not so obvious , and they sound great , some you would probably overlook if attempting to compile your own.
    It is nice to think that quite a few fans will perhaps discover a good few tunes that they are not familiar with and might dig a bit deeper into Motown's catalogue.