[REMOVE ADS]

Four Tops - Nobody's Gonna Love You • Platengala International 1982 • TopPop

I had totally forgot about this one...................

Wow. Incredibly rare clip. Makese Happy.

Awesome! I think Levi had a hand in writing that tune himself, and I've never seen a live performance of it. Thanks for sharing it! That live fade the orchestra does is... an interesting choice. Digging through the TopPop youtube channel, there's also this one from the same show, with a similar fade:

I love this. I remember when some of the veteran singers were going retro in early 80s with their sound and the Four Tops did a great job of it here.

This must have been right around the time they did When She was My Girl

Quote Originally Posted by tmd View Post
    This must have been right around the time they did When She was My Girl
    This was a year after their hit "When She Use to Be My Girl". They sounded great. They needed some good writers and they would have continued to hit all through the 90s I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This was a year after their hit "When She Use to Be My Girl". They sounded great. They needed some good writers and they would have continued to hit all through the 90s I believe.
    Hi Marv! Been awhile! Yes, when they went to Arista, we all thought Clive would give them the attention and marketing they needed. After putting them with some talent on the Indestructible LP, Clive must not have liked the outcome, because there really wasn't much of a push at all, outside of the title video, and a couple of other songs appearing in films. Its a shame, though, because when you listen to some of the unreleased songs from that time [[mid 80s), they were really singing strong.