[REMOVE ADS]

"Back In My Arms Again" New version 45....

Hello All,
    I was the under-bidder on a Supremes 45 that ended on Ebay today. I already had the 1-sided WLP in my collection, but is what made this one of interest was that it was stamped "New Version - Re-Mastered For Clarity". I was unaware of what I would call a re-service copy of this 45 being sent out after the initial release to radio stations. Since I had never seen one before, I didn't go too crazy in order to acquire it.
    Has anyone seen or heard of the "remastered" WLP? I would assume that if this was a legit re-service record, it probably wasn't an alternate take, just a cleaned up version of the standard release.
    Thanks,
    Darin

Name:  BIMAA 45.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  90.1 KB

Could it possibly be an issue of this re-service 45 being on vinyl vs. styrene? I know the latter type of pressings tended to sound muddy if the stylus playing it was worn or too heavily weighted, tearing up the grooves. A lot of radio stations usually had to request multiple copies of styrene singles as they would wear down quickly if the song was a big hit in heavy rotation.