[REMOVE ADS]

Supreme Voices....coming soon!

I have the original release of this and have always loved it. As such, I am really looking forward to this new expanded release.

Scherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence made some great records, and Sundraye Tucker was a real asset to their group after Jean Terrell left.

Again, excited by this!

Supreme Voices just showed up on CDBaby this morning and it states 'a few' copies
    are left. Got my order in.

Just sold out....but, you can get on a waiting list. I think it sold out in about 2 hours.
    https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/supremevoices

Here's a sneak peek of the packaging:

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Here's a sneak peek of the packaging:

Thanks, Sans....how cool was that! Can't wait to get my copy. It looks really nicely
    packaged.

THE SUPREME VOICES COLLECTION is already sold out in 1 day! I will be sending more tomorrow, but in the meantime, you can still go to the link and pre-order your copy.

Rick Gianatos added 2 new photosfeeling crazy with J Randy Taraborrelli and 38 others at Cd Baby.19 hrs · Portland, OR ·

SUPREME VOICES COLLECTION is sold out already. You can go in and pre-order your copies. I'm sending more tomorrow. I didn't know until I spoke to Eric Iversen and he went to purchase and told me that it was back ordered!

Just received my copy today. Wow....and wow. Rick knocked it out of the park with this one!

http://www.drivingwheelrecords.eu/in.../artists-bios/

Sundray was a member of the FLO's from 1993-96, replacing Jean Terrell. Here's a site to pick up some of her CD's recorded in England.

Last edited by lakeside; 09-29-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Nu & Improved Records/Altair Records shared Rinaldo Montezz's post.

SpSonSsoSredS

· October 4 at 6:35 PM ·

Rinaldo Montezz, a star producer from the Netherlands, got his promo copy of THE SUPREME VOICES COLLECTION. He mixed a special track for the wonderful and sweet Sundray Tucker, provided to me by David J Powner, and I couldn't be more pleased. He has his copy, but have you gotten yours yet? Pre-order now to get yours as soon as my new shipment arrives! BTW, Rinaldo has produced a phenomenal anthem that is the title song of Scherrie Payne's next album, VINTAGE SCHERRIE, VOL. 2: Celebrate the Life.

Rinaldo Montezz is feeling proud with Rick Gianatos.October 3 at 5:24 AM ·

Yes ! It has arrived !
    THE SUPREMES VOICES COLLECTION
    Including Rinaldo Montezz remixes from "Moving on up".
    This 24 tracks collection includes a bonus DVD of t...he Ladies' 20th Anniversary Show !
    It is the complete show, including the awards presented to all 8 Supremes, and it is also one of Cindy Birdsong's last public appearances !
    Featuring the vocal talents of The Supremes' Cindy Birdsong, Jean Terrell, Lynda Laurence, and Scherrie Payne, in addition to Sundray Tucker, Freddi Poole, and Jayne Edwards the 3-disc set is amazing.
    Check out the playlist of this amazing 3 disc release !
    And while you're at it, [[pre)order !

Back in stock tonight at CDBaby....10/9/18

Sold out again on CDBaby and amazon. Glad to see it's doing so well.

Nu & Improved Records/Altair Records shared Rick Gianatos's post.

SpSonSsoSredS

· 8 hrs ·

Out of stock at CD Baby once again. In the meantime, here's a newsletter describing our recording session for the original CD! You can pre-order and be first to receive when the new stock is in! https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/supremevoices

Rick Gianatos added 2 new photosfeeling fabulous with Sharon Davis and 25 others.17 hrs ·

Out of stock again! Get at the front of the line for the next shipment! https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/supremevoices
    In the meantime, here's an historic newslett...er about our SUPREME VOICES recording sessions in 1994, authored by our late friend Paul delapehna who came over with my partner Paul M. Tams! Thanks to Eric Iverson for scanning in the newsletter!

Back in stock at CDBaby...10/19/18
    Amazon only has 16 copies left.
    Hope everyone that's a fan can pick up a copy.
    Last edited by lakeside; 10-19-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Sold out again on amazon and CDBaby 11/21/18

It is wonderful that this CD collection is selling so well. Does anyone know how many units have actually been sold? In other words, how large of a quantity are CD Baby and Amazon receiving that sell out so quickly?

Scherrie Payne has her copy of THE SUPREME VOICES COLLECTIONS. Have you gotten yours yet? If not, go to CD Baby and pre-order since its sold out again!
    It's also out of stock according to Amazon! More on the way!

Scherrie looks teriffic!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Scherrie looks teriffic!
    I was thinking the same, Luke. Scherrie looks great....and younger all the time!
    Last edited by lakeside; 10-23-2018 at 04:12 PM.

OK what gives. It's in stock then sold out then in stock then sold out then in stock and sold out. As much as I'd like to believe there are thousands of folks buying up this album, I just don't think that's the case. So how many copies are they releasing at a time? 5? And how many has this sold total? 100?

marybrewster, a friend of mine put her CD's on CDBaby. For the first one they only took 5 copies at a time. When she released her second they told her she could send 10 copies at a time. I don't believe they stock very many at any one time.

I reread my post and it comes across pretty bitchy. That wasn't my intent when I wrote it, so I apologize to those here that are involved with this project.

thommg, your explanation makes a lot of sense. Thank you for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I reread my post and it comes across pretty bitchy. That wasn't my intent when I wrote it, so I apologize to those here that are involved with this project.

thommg, your explanation makes a lot of sense. Thank you for the response.
    I don't think your comment was bitchy at all. Perhaps a bit sarcastic . but your comment of ordering five at a time may have been right according to thommg's comment.

Being cautious with inventory is important for a retailer, but meeting the demand is more important. If they are continually running out of a title, someone is doing something wrong. Either the supplier does not have enough to supply the demand to CDBaby, or CDBaby's buyer is being overly conservative with his buying.

When it comes to the music industry, I'm old school. But with today's dwindling physical sales of music, it is completely understandable that any retailer or distributor would keep an extremely tight inventory

It is important to note that CD Baby is a website for CD's that are independently & privately produced and anyone can have their CD's sold on that site. Because of this, they only take a few CD's at a time from an artist unless they know they will sell. It is possible, due to the quick selling of the Scherrie Payne CD that they sold that the Supreme Voices CD is better stocked and is selling well for that website.

Sold out AGAIN on amazon and CD Baby on 11/2/18. Glad to see this is selling a few
    copies.

I am very glad to see this getting an expanded re-release as it is very hard to find now and the FLOS best album I think.
    I finally got a copy from CDBaby but as well as paying $7.54 for international shipping to the UK, I was also hit with an additional customer charge of £11.35. [[liable as it was over £15). However I see it is now for finally for sale on Amazon UK by one seller [[Rarewaves USA) for £29.72 + £1.26 shipping, which may avoid customs.

I haven’t had a chance to watch the DVD yet, which is a fantastic addition. I wish the cover was a version of the original album photo of Scherrie Lynda & Sunday. It’s their album, it’s rather boring as it is. There was a cute floating head shot of Scherrie Lynda & Sunday on the back of "Where Did Our Love Go" - the first FLOS re-recordings compilation.
    Jean and Cindy are only on two tracks. Same goes for Freddie Pool and Jayne Edwards. As for the second CD of bonus tracks and remixes:
    I love the Matt Pop remixes of “Give Me The Night”.
    Scherrie Lynda & Freddie’s “Sisters United” mixes have been released as a CD single and on iTunes, as has the Matt Pop mix of “Up The Ladder”.
    Happy to see the unedited Motorcity Rick Gianatos mix of Jean Scherrie & Lynda’s “Nathan Jones” get a release, along with their new Matt Pop “Stoned Love".
    “Love & Happiness” with Lynda on lead was an outtake from the album, but did appear as a bonus track on the “Sisters United”. There were at least 3 others that I am aware of, including little gem called “Nervous” written and sung by Sundray.
    There are 3 new remixes of Sundray’s solo “Moving On Up” taken from her “The Loving Country 2” album [[as Cindy Scott) but I would have preferred for these to have been released as an iTunes download - as all her many Driving Wheel Records EPs have been, in favour of more rare or unreleased FLOS tracks. For example “Road To Freedom” had 6 remixes which only came out on a very rare white label as JSL. [[Which was Lynda on lead, Scherrie and Joyce & Pam Vincent on b/vs - Jean had bailed at this point). So I would love to have had some of these along with the unreleased tracks. That would have made it really Supreme!
    By the way there is another “Give Me The Night” mix - Tweaka Turner Club Anthem Radio Edit - on the itunes single version, which is not on the CD.

Thanks Mark for all the info. I think you'll enjoy the concert, as well. Lynda gets a spot playing the drums and she really tears loose! Her son plays the drums in the concert.
    With sales appearing pretty good, hopefully this will encourage more from the FLOS.

Nu & Improved Records/Altair Records shared Rick Gianatos's post — with Shoshana Payne Radlein.

SpSonSsoSredS

· 5 hrs ·

Alan Mercer, photographer to the stars, has his copy of THE SUPREME VOICES COLLECTION. Do you have yours yet? More stock arrived yesterday at the CD Baby Warehouse. Make sure you pre-order so you can be first to get your copy.

Gianatos's postfeeling proud with Joyce Vincent and 10 others at Cd Baby.Yesterday at 9:50 AM · Portland, OR ·
    J Randy Taraborrellii took some time out of his busy writing schedule to listen to THE SUPREME VOICES COLLECTION. He has his copy. Do you have yours yet? It is available at CD Baby and Amazon! Grab one now! If it shows as out of stock, pre-order it to be in front of the line to get yours first!

Nice to see Supreme Voices has sold out again at Amazon and CDBaby as of 11/22.

November 13 at 3:08 AM ·

Wayne Numan, producer, writer, and remixer, has his copy of THE SUPREME VOICES COLLECTION. Do you have yours? Go to CD Baby or Amazon and order. https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/supremevoices
    If it is out of stock, preorder in order to be first in line when new stock becomes available!

Rick Gianatos is feeling cool with Kurt Hall and 27 others at Cd Baby.November 13 at 2:58 AM · Portland, OR ·

Wayne Numan, producer, writer, and remixer, has his copy of THE SUPREME VOICES COLLECTION. Do you have yours? Go to CD Baby or Amazon and order. https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/supremevoices
    If it is out of stock, preorder in order to be first in line when new stock becomes available!

alanbill1074 Guest
    Its weird seeing Rinaldo Montez and Paul Tams mentioned on here. Both of whom I’ve worked with and both i consider friends. Talented guys.

The CD Baby link provided above no longer seems to work? Also, when I search their website, the Supreme Voices release seems to have disappeared altogether

Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
    The CD Baby link provided above no longer seems to work? Also, when I search their website, the Supreme Voices release seems to have disappeared altogether
    As of 11/26, it's back in stock at CD Baby. Amazon has 20 copies left.
    Last edited by lakeside; 11-26-2018 at 10:58 PM.