[REMOVE ADS]

The Rascals' Guitarist Gene Cornish

Hi All: The following is information on the Rascals guitarist, Gene Cornish. He collapsed on stage this evening in Billings, Montana. The Rascals have been touring this summer. We ask that you please keep Gene in your prayers. Thank you very much.

This note is from his
    fiancé. "Gene Cornish collapsed this evening on stage in Billings, Montana. Updates will follow. We ask for continued prayers for Gene. He is at the hospital and receiving the best medical care. We thank all the fans that were with us tonight, as well as the amazing staff at Alberta Bair Theatre and first responders. We hope to know more soon and our thoughts and prayers are with Gene."

The following link is what I found on line a few minutes ago. It looks like you'll need to put it in your browser. Thank you.
    https://billingsgazette.com/news/local/founding-member-of-the-rascals-collapses-on-stage-during-alberta/article_7fd0e36a-b60f-5f2d-925f-7ec6a412a062.html
    Last edited by RTA6226; 09-08-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Love the Rascals! Gene is a big part of that group. Prayers for his complete recovery going out from me to where he is tonight.

Thank you RTA6226.

Thanks so much Marv.

Get well and a speedy recovery gene. Blue eyed soul
    guitarist

Wow! Get well wishes for The Rascals' Gene Cornish. Thanks for the info RTA.

You're welcome Motown Eddie.

There's good news. Thank goodness for the power of prayer! Gene is expected to make a full recovery. My sources tell me he will undergo his procedure on Monday morning.

http://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ap-online/2018/09/08/the-latest-rascals-guitarist-expected-to-recover
    Last edited by RTA6226; 09-08-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RTA6226 View Post

There's good news. Thank goodness for the power of prayer! Gene is expected to make a full recovery. My sources tell me he will undergo his procedure on Monday morning.

http://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ap-online/2018/09/08/the-latest-rascals-guitarist-expected-to-recover
    That is great to hear. I hope he is able to perform again when he feels strong enough. The Rascals produced some wonderful and timeless music.

Quote Originally Posted by RTA6226 View Post

Thanks again RTA. I'm hoping that Gene Cornish makes a full [[and lasting) recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Thanks again RTA. I'm hoping that Gene Cornish makes a full [[and lasting) recovery.

You're welcome Motown Eddie. I saw a post on his fiancé's page. They are at the airport to head back to their home from Billings, MT. [[where the hospital is that treated him) as I write this. He was discharged on Wednesday and seems to be doing much better.

Good to hear that he is expected to recover. I saw the group in Chicago when they got back together. I was so glad that they were all still living and had put the past behind. I liked The Rascals better than the Beatles "It's A Beautiful Morning is my favorite out of their hits though I liked many others also."

My favorites were How Can I Be Sure and Heaven.

awesome group.

My favorites are "A Beautiful Morning" and "A Ray of Hope". I saw Felix and Gene perform this past March, 2019 at the Paramount Theatre in Aurora, Illinois [[a suburb of Chicago). They were fantastic. BTW, they performed "Heaven" and I saw and heard it being VERY well received in the row in back of me. They were also funny the way that the two of them affectionately joked and bantered back and forth with each other. It was such a great show.