[REMOVE ADS]

Pedro Bell, Whose Wild Album Covers Defined Funkadelic, Dies at 69

Without being an instrumentalist himself, Pedro Bell was a major influence on shaping
    the identity of Funkadelic and GC was very lucky he came along. In fact GC was very
    lucky his bands attracted the wealth of talent that they did.RIP, Gary Shider, Jessica Cleaves, Eddie Hazel,Junie Morrison, Glen Goins,Ray Davis and now Pedro Bell...

Oh yeah I loved those album covers. Rest in peace Pedro and thank you!

They were the kind of album covers that you could stare at while listening to the music and enjoying something stronger than a cocktail! My favorite was one of his later ones, "The Electric Spanking of War Babies." Even the title was fun to say out loud!

I always thought that Mad Magazine had a lot of influence on Bell. He was so talented. Just as much as Roger Dean [[who did the Yes album covers), Bell's style was instantly recognizable and no one could duplicate it.

RIP

I'm so sorry to hear about Pedro Bell. His album covers for Funkadelic & George Clinton are indeed the most iconic [[and bizarre) of all time. RIP Pedro.

Well, MotownEddie, you inspired me to post my own favorite - both the censored and uncensored versions. Notice on the censored one, they tease the buyer with "The Cover That THEY Were Too Scared to Print!"

Also, the upper right corner of the album cover, which is hard to read says something like "Inflation Fighter Hint! Cut here on dotted line and tell your friends, 'Hey I got this for only 2 bucks!'"

These guys were sick geniuses...geneii??? Oh well, you know what I mean!

Name:  Funkadelic - Censored.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  87.3 KB

Name:  Funkadelic - Uncensored.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  62.0 KB