[REMOVE ADS]

Elaine Brown [1973] Full Album

From the Black Forum imprint:

Love this. It's being reissued but only on vinyl

I googled EB to see what I could learn about her as I didn't know anything besides the fact that she had an album on the Black Forum label.

Much to my surprise, if Wiki is correct, she was born in Philadelphia, PA [[yea) and is 75 years old. There is no indication that she has passed so hopefully she is still alive. Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I googled EB to see what I could learn about her as I didn't know anything besides the fact that she had an album on the Black Forum label.

Much to my surprise, if Wiki is correct, she was born in Philadelphia, PA [[yea) and is 75 years old. There is no indication that she has passed so hopefully she is still alive. Great news.
    Yes, she is alive and well and politically active. Her autobiography, A Taste of Power, is masterful.

Last edited by sansradio; 09-07-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Love this. It's being reissued but only on vinyl
    I did not know this! Great news for vinyl collectors.

Bumping this thread from the past as I'm having a moment listening to this album again. Ordered the vinyl reissue a few years ago, and am reminded about what a beautiful record this is. The first two tracks, "No Time" and "Jonathan" were enough to make me pick this one up.

Last edited by telekin; 03-18-2024 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks for bumping. I learned, way after I started this post, that Brown is believed to have been an FBI informant planted to destroy the Black Panther Party from within. If true, it puts a serious damper on my admiration for her.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Thanks for bumping. I learned, way after I started this post, that Brown is believed to have been an FBI informant planted to destroy the Black Panther Party from within. If true, it puts a serious damper on my admiration for her.
    I remember seeing some of those accusations at the time I got this, and looks like there are even more so now. Am not well-versed on the history of the Black Panther Party, but all I can say is that when it comes to political movements it can be hard to separate credible accusations from the all too common consequences of infighting.

If true, it would dampen mine too.