[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Live 1973

Not sure if this was remastered or not- it looks like it. This is the best quality video I have seen of this show. The audio is also great. Is this the concert that was scheduled for a DVD release a while back, but then was canceled?

Wow never seen it this clear. Thank you for posting. But the DVD that was cancelled a few years ago was of her 1973 performance at the Royal Albert Hall.

Wow, this was yanked off YouTube in record time. Wish I could have seen it.

looks like it was re-posted with a new title [[Diana Ross in Copenhagen 1973). Previously it was posted in a foreign language. Don't know if it is the same person, or if someone else grabbed it and put it up again with the new title. It is worth watching again, just in case it gets taken down. The quality is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    looks like it was re-posted with a new title [[Diana Ross in Copenhagen 1973). Previously it was posted in a foreign language. Don't know if it is the same person, or if someone else grabbed it and put it up again with the new title. It is worth watching again, just in case it gets taken down. The quality is very good.

Many thanks!

I've seen some of this but don't think I've ever seen the whole thing. I'll give it a watch later.

Im a real Ross fan but that was the most soul less concert i have ever watched,,its a wonder Gordy didnt ruin her career getting her to try and be the next Stiresand/Minelli...i would never show my mates this concert...it just shows Diana in a very caberet and not cool way.

The quality is really good

She sounds really good

What was she; 28 years old?

I watched the early part and I agree-it was the era of Ross Minnelli Streisand and I’m in the mainstream

Wow she looks like a million, but her performance is way off. Like shut off. Clearly she was not into doing the show this night. Maybe it picks up, but the first few songs are like she’s just walking through them. No wonder they pull it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Wow she looks like a million, but her performance is way off. Like shut off. Clearly she was not into doing the show this night. Maybe it picks up, but the first few songs are like she’s just walking through them. No wonder they pull it!
    This is not the show that was going to be released on DVD. It was the Royal Albert Hall performance from 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    This is not the show that was going to be released on DVD. It was the Royal Albert Hall performance from 1973.
    Similar to the 1968 Supremes European concert tour, different national broadcast organizations would film the concert for broadcast in their own countries. Both the 1968 Supremes concert [[later released on DVD) and the 1973 Diana Ross solo concert in Amsterdam were recorded and broadcast. Because of time restraints, they would also cut songs out. The Copenhagen concert was probably very similar to the 1973 one at the Royal Albert Hall, but the Copenhagen broadcast is 42 minutes longs, while the Royal Albert Hall one is 1 hr and 20 minutes, almost twice as long.
    Last edited by Jaap; 09-10-2018 at 04:40 AM.