[REMOVE ADS]

Forum Tech Trouble??

Did anyone else have trouble getting into SD for much of the day? And have you noticed that there are posts and threads missing? Seems like anything done on 9/3 is gone. Wassup?

Yes, ran. I couldn't get in since last night? Just later this afternoon was I able to get in.
    Wassup, indeed!

Yeah it was down for a lot of hours. First time I've experienced that in this site. Looks like some threads got eaten up in the process.

Okay, thanks y'all. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Did anyone else have trouble getting into SD for much of the day? And have you noticed that there are posts and threads missing? Seems like anything done on 9/3 is gone. Wassup?
    Yes i notice the same thing last night and all morning today and a ton of posts have vanished. All good now though.

I received an email from Lowell this morning informing me of technical problems on the forum and the situation was being looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I received an email from Lowell this morning informing me of technical problems on the forum and the situation was being looked into.
    Hopefully our “community” wasn’t hacked.

Yep, I was going through withdrawal!

I remember something like this happening a year or two ago as well. Glad we’re back up!

Oh yeah man, I was proper confused for a while there. Glad it's back to normal now.

Thought it was just me. Weight off our shoulders.

I had trouble with the Soulful Detroit site too. Since it hit a lot of us, it must've been a server issue.

I thought it was a hooch hullucination,but i sobered up and still couldn't get online.

Update

Migration of SoulfulDetroit to a new server was completed overnight.

We had hoped to limp along until the new server was fully provisioned to avoid data loss, but the old dame gave up the ghost and RackAid, our server management company [great service BTW], had to rush ahead with the transition.

Consequently there may be some missing posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Update

Migration of SoulfulDetroit to a new server was completed overnight.

We had hoped to limp along until the new server was fully provisioned to avoid data loss, but the old dame gave up the ghost and RackAid, our server management company [great service BTW], had to rush ahead with the transition.

Consequently there may be some missing posts.
    Thanks for the updates Lowell. While there may be some missing posts, I'm glad that things are back to normal.

Hopefully, the new server should also clear up the bugs that we have been dealing with for some time now.