[REMOVE ADS]

Pastor at Aretha Franklin's Service Apologizes

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...-heirs-n905821

I watched the video. The article has it wrong. He didn't move his hand up, he deliberately attempted to grab Ariana Grande's boob. And, at the very end of the video, she looked down at his hand and attempted to yank it away. It clearly bothered her.

There was also talk about Bill Clinton focusing his eyes on her butt.

It is a non story Soulster. First of all Bishop Ellis beautiful wife was sitting right there in pulpit front row. Second of all, I believe she is making a big deal out of how he hugged her because she did not appreciate the joke he made about her name.

Bishop Charles Ellis is an excellent individual. He is one those throwback Clergy that actually goes out and visit the sick, clothe the needy and feed the hungry. He has brought many,many disadvantaged people into his church. He hugged every performer and speaker after they finished their portion of the program. Why does Ariana Grande feel she was molested? Could it be that she wore that skimpy dress into a church for a funeral? Anyone that hugged her would look inappropriate because she was hardly wearing any clothes!

To me the News was Aretha Franklin, her death and the service.

It seems the "NEWS" everywhere has turned into the National Enquirer gone beserk.

This is just the latest example.

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...-heirs-n905821

I watched the video. The article has it wrong. He didn't move his hand up, he deliberately attempted to grab Ariana Grande's boob. And, at the very end of the video, she looked down at his hand and attempted to yank it away. It clearly bothered her.

There was also talk about Bill Clinton focusing his eyes on her butt.
    I watched another video of him hugging her, as well as a few still photos. The arm and hand he had around her waist, is that the one that was supposedly grabbing her breast?

I wish Bishop Ellis did the eulogy instead of that tyrant Jasper Williams! Ellis gave Levi a wonderful send off and didn’t stray into politics at all!

As far as the whole groping situation goes, I think it was a case of him being out of touch with the new generation. He treated Ariana no different from everybody else at the service. You can tell she’s never been to a traditional black church service before.

I still wonder whose bright idea it was to invite Jasper. No one is gonna take blame for this. Or maybe no one knew he would go there so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I still wonder whose bright idea it was to invite Jasper. No one is gonna take blame for this. Or maybe no one knew he would go there so to speak.
    According to her niece, Aretha didn't leave instructions for her funeral. The family selected Williams, as he had eulogized other members of the family over the years and I believe he had also become a close family friend.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    According to her niece, Aretha didn't leave instructions for her funeral. The family selected Williams, as he had eulogized other members of the family over the years and I believe he had also become a close family friend.
    Well now they see what a big mistake that was. Such a "close family friend" that he ended up SHAMING Aretha at the end...

Rev, you know the rules - Never speak the truth.

Speak what truth? He spoke a bunch of lies at a funeral dedicated to a woman who had to make sure her four boys were taken care of since their no-good fathers never were there but I digress!

You would think that funeral service for a person of Aretha's magnitude would have been carried out with perfect execution, but now we have a sex scandal, far-right politics, and a shaming of the person being honored, and very little about her actual career! Everything Aretha stood against!

As an aside, my family had the same problem with rogue pastors who bring their own agenda to funeral services. If and when you have to deal with this in your family, please make sure you vet the person, and have that discussion of what to say and do.
    Last edited by soulster; 09-05-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    You would think that funeral service for a person of Aretha's magnitude would have been carried out with perfect execution, but now we have a sex scandal, far-right politics, and a shaming of the person being honored, and very little about her actual career! Everything Aretha stood against!

As an aside, my family had the same problem with rogue pastors who bring their own agenda to funeral services. If and when you have to deal with this in your family, please make sure you vet the person, and have that discussion of what to say and do.
    You are so right!