[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has Diana Ross been spotted at Aretha's funeral today?

I have seen no mention that she was there, that she was coming, or that she was unable to attend.

It seems like she is forgotten. Any spotters or comments?

The ones who have been reported to be in attendance were reported in a Free Press story - Gladys Knight, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, and Martha Reeves.

I did see on a television broadcast today at noon that interviewed Martha Reeves, Cal Street of the Velvelettes was interviewed also.

Freda Payne and Valerie Simpson are there. Rosalind Ashford of the Vandellas is in the audience.

Facebook says there were reports she was there - but it was a "big hair" picture of perhaps Whoopi Goldberg or Martha Reeves from the back.

Diana Ross sent flowers from "Diana Ross & Family" - there are a dozen reports of that and there are pictures of the flowers - as from Barbra Streisand and Tony Bennett and 25 other stars.

Neither Whoopi Goldberg or Martha Reeves are wearing "big hair". Martha has grey dredlocks at the funeral. Diana Ross is non-existent there.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Facebook says there were reports she was there - but it was a "big hair" picture of perhaps Whoopi Goldberg or Martha Reeves from the back.

Diana Ross sent flowers from "Diana Ross & Family" - there are a dozen reports of that and there are pictures of the flowers - as from Barbra Streisand and Tony Bennett and 25 other stars.
    Flowers? Good because all she sent to the funeral home when David Ruffin died was a small, green houseplant that I almost knocked of the table behind me at Swanson's.

Chaka Khan, Fantasia, Yolanda Adams, Shirley Ceasar, Jennifer Hudson, Bishop Paul Morton, The Williams Brothers with Vanessa Bell Armstrong, the Clark Sisters and a young lady that sang "Ave Maria" were standouts in my opinon. So much great music during the service. Waiting on Stevie now.

https://www.freep.com/picture-galler..._source=google

There’s pictures of The flowers from Diana and Family - together with many others - from the Detroit Free Press

Gladys Knight is singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" right now!

Gladys is now singing "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" amazing!

Stevie is closing out the service with "As" magnificent!

... was Wilson there? Did she send flowers?
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 08-31-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ... was Wilson there? Did she send flowers?
    Who are you asking? Are you in Detroit?

Why would Diana be there? You started this thread to start trouble. And you know it.

Ralph - this is, in your own words, 'a bullshit thread', started to cause trouble, and should be deleted. Thanks!

Was that Fergie of the Black eyes peas who sang?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Why would Diana be there? You started this thread to start trouble. And you know it.
    I didn't start this thread, but you were surely quick to jump in it. Woodward started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Was that Fergie of the Black eyes peas who sang?
    I watched the entire service and she was not there.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I watched the entire service and she was not there.
    Was it announced that she would be there? I did not see the announcement anywhere. If it was not announced that she was attending, what made you think that she would be there? Tina Turner, Barbra Streisand, Janet Jackson, Patti LaBelle were not there either.

But how nice of you to watch the entire service [[and it was kind of long) just to see Diane.

She is blessed to have fans like you who are consumed with her every move.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Was it announced that she would be there? I did not see the announcement anywhere. If it was not announced that she was attending, what made you think that she would be there? Tina Turner, Barbra Streisand, Janet Jackson, Patti LaBelle were not there either.

But how nice of you to watch the entire service [[and it was kind of long) just to see Diane.

She is blessed to have fans like you who are consumed with her every move.

Luke asked me about Fergie of the Black eyes peas. What are you talking about?

Luke asked me about Fergie of the Black eyes peas. What are you talking about?
    Look like a few folks failed reading comprehension, jeeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Look like a few folks failed reading comprehension, jeeesh.
    They must have DET! LOL!!!!

Indeed I have. Between Donald and Marv, we are losing our minds. But dont believe what you just read. What you are seeing and reading is not true.

Fake Post. I did not write it. Collusion. Witch Hunt.

The Diana’s and Barbra’s don’t do funerals

Except their own...............

Woodward, I too was wondering if Ms. Ross was going to attend as well, so you weren't the only one. With all of the other Motown alums attending, I figured there could be a possibility she might show up. I also thought BG might be there as well, but did not see him. Thanks Marv for answering the original query.

It's too bad your simple question turned into such a negative thread with some absolutely needless comments. I'm certain this is what keeps the majority of younger Motowners like myself from posting much on this forum, and simply remaining "lurkers" in general. You just never know when a general question or statement is going to turn into a shit show........

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Woodward, I too was wondering if Ms. Ross was going to attend as well, so you weren't the only one. With all of the other Motown alums attending, I figured there could be a possibility she might show up. I also thought BG might be there as well, but did not see him. Thanks Marv for answering the original query.

It's too bad your simple question turned into such a negative thread with some absolutely needless comments. I'm certain this is what keeps the majority of younger Motowners like myself from posting much on this forum, and simply remaining "lurkers" in general. You just never know when a general question or statement is going to turn into a shit show........
    Thank you for your response about my simple question. What I am at a total LOSS to understand is why the following appeared:
    PeaceNHarmony
    Banned

If this person was banned, why are they still stirring up trouble on the Forum? I would think when one is banned that you would be denied access to the MF. Why isn't this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post

DWsheffer, don't be a lurker. You have the right to post anywhere on the forum. Someone told me they saw Berry Gordy. I didn't but he could have been there. There were so many celebrities there that you would have to pause the video whenever they scanned the audience. There were Congress people, Senators, Governors, Mayors, Former President Clinton, Hillary, tons of singers so it may be a few days before we know more about who attended. The family allowed the entire process to be taped even the interment.
    Last edited by marv2; 09-02-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I have seen no mention that she was there, that she was coming, or that she was unable to attend.

It seems like she is forgotten. Any spotters or comments?

The ones who have been reported to be in attendance were reported in a Free Press story - Gladys Knight, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, and Martha Reeves.

I did see on a television broadcast today at noon that interviewed Martha Reeves, Cal Street of the Velvelettes was interviewed also.
    AFAIK, no. She sent flowers though.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    The only flowers displayed at all public viewings were ones bought by the Franklin Family. So you have no proof of that.

Diana Ross sent beuatiful flowers along with Rod Stewart and The Jacksons and all there flowers were on display in the vestibule of Greater Grace Temple in Detroit.

https://www.freep.com/picture-galler...al/1155614002/

It appears that they both did go, but went privately ahead of the ceremony. Just a guess on my part, but sometimes wherever they go, they become the center of attention and they were trying to avoid that and yet pay their respects.

"Celebrities and dignitaries, including Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand, Tony Bennett and former President Bill Clinton, trickled into the church ahead of the 10 a.m. ceremony."

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/31/stars...klins-funeral/

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Thank you for your response about my simple question. What I am at a total LOSS to understand is why the following appeared:
    PeaceNHarmony
    Banned

If this person was banned, why are they still stirring up trouble on the Forum? I would think when one is banned that you would be denied access to the MF. Why isn't this happening?
    Ralph didn't ban him, just suspended him for 30 days.

It appears that they both did go, but went privately ahead of the ceremony. Just a guess on my part, but sometimes wherever they go, they become the center of attention and they were trying to avoid that and yet pay their respects.

"Celebrities and dignitaries, including Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand, Tony Bennett and former President Bill Clinton, trickled into the church ahead of the 10 a.m. ceremony."

That's interesting. I forgot about the private funeral!

Ralph didn't ban him, just suspended him for 30 days.
    same difference. He is banned for thirty days, but his previous posts were not deleted. All his previous posts will have his status as Banned instead of Senior Member until the thirty day suspension period is up. After that he can begin posting again if he wants to

That's interesting. I forgot about the private funeral!
    There was no separate funeral.

There was no separate funeral.
    Right. I believe that the article said that they trickled into the church ahead of the 10 am ceremony, and then I imagine they left before it began
    Last edited by milven; 09-01-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Right. I believe that the article said that they trickled into the church ahead of the 10 am ceremony, and then I imagine they left before it began
    Which is extremely strange because WDIV and Global News, along with Time Inc. began streaming live from Greater Grace at 9:00 am. Also, when you attend a funeral you generally so out of respect for the decease, but mainly to show support to the surviving family. They did not arrive until just after 11 am.

according to Variety the flowers of Streisand and Miss Ross and Tony Bennet decorated the temple in Detroit.

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/...202923175/amp/

Really none of this was about Diane Ross. It's not like she and Aretha were friends or relatives. The people that were there were enough. No one was looking for Miss Ross as far as I could tell. I think some were missing Barack and Michelle Obama, but he attended John McCain's funeral and sent a personal message to Aretha's. I wasn't expecting the Pope either, so I wasn't looking for him.

I believe Claudette Robinson was there as well.

Really none of this was about Diane Ross. It's not like she and Aretha were friends or relatives. The people that were there were enough. No one was looking for Miss Ross as far as I could tell. I think some were missing Barack and Michelle Obama, but he attended John McCain's funeral and sent a personal message to Aretha's. I wasn't expecting the Pope either, so I wasn't looking for him.
    "Really none of this was about Diane Ross"

But at least 6 of your postings were about DIANE Ross. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Which is extremely strange because WDIV and Global News, along with Time Inc. began streaming live from Greater Grace at 9:00 am. Also, when you attend a funeral you generally so out of respect for the decease, but mainly to show support to the surviving family. They did not arrive until just after 11 am.
    You may be right Marv. The link that I posted said that Diana, Tony and Barbra were there before the ceremony

The link that Roberta posted only mentioned flower arrangements sent by Tony, Diana, and Barbra. Flowers do arrive before the ceremony. So perhaps that writer from page 6 of NY Post got the facts wrong or mixed or partial, or as Trump would say, "FAKE NEWS"

i also agree that the main reason people attend a funeral is to show support to the surviving family. If they were not even there, it makes no sense that Tony, Barbra and Diana would be there early, or at all.

As stated by Jobetrob, Diana and Barbra don't do funerals, so I tend to believe that the person who wrote the Page 6 article got the facts wrong. But please don't tell Donald. It will just re-affirm his belief that everything we read and see is fake and not to believe it

Inside, floral arrangements from Diana Ross, Tony Bennett and Barbra Streisand greeted mourners in the sanctuary’s entrance

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/...202923175/amp/

I think Ross quit going to funerals after Richard Pryor's homegoing and yes the Ross family did send an arrangement to the Franklin family. I am not sure Rita, Fred or Mary attended but there were so many folks there.

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah Diana hates funerals. She didn't go to MJ's. She reportedly stayed in her bed for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I think Ross quit going to funerals after Richard Pryor's homegoing and yes the Ross family did send an arrangement to the Franklin family. I am not sure Rita, Fred or Mary attended but there were so many folks there.
    Rita probably went. Mary wasn't there but Martha Reeves was.

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah Diana hates funerals. She didn't go to MJ's. She reportedly stayed in her bed for weeks.
    She did not attend the large memorial at the Staples Center, but she was caught on camera leaving a taco restaurant in LA either the day before or after Michael's funeral at Forest Lawn Memorial Park.

Both Rita [[Ross?) I'm guessing and Martha Reeves live in the Detroit Metro area. I am sure Mary Wilson would have attended if she could. She attended many funerals for Motown alumni. She even sang at Pete Moore of the Miracles funeral.

She did not attend the large memorial at the Staples Center, but she was caught on camera leaving a taco restaurant in LA either the day before or after Michael's funeral at Forest Lawn Memorial Park.
    wow the trivia you know about a woman you are clearly obsessed with on a daly level is real laughable. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Maybe mary sent flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Maybe mary sent flowers.
    I think she did too. Not everyone who grew up with Ree showed up to the funeral. Mary doesn't strike me as someone who doesn't do funerals. Both of them are probably still shook up from Flo's. I know neither went to Marvin's or any of the Temptations'.